Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypocrites!

Options
  • 15-05-2007 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

So, magazines constantly go on about size zeros being wrong but if you check out the best dressed sections of the same magazines, they always have pictures of the same people they've been slating for being too skinny as also being the Then, you turn another page, and there's a big circle pointing out the imaginary flaws of a normal sized celeb, slagging them for being fat. I just don't get it. Its particularly annoying now, with all the bikini pictures in magazines... They're all either too fat or too skinny according to the beauty editors. Its getting on my nerves! Rant over....:p

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, something else I discovered a short while ago too.. rainbows don't actually touch the ground.. so i guess that means no pot of gold :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

I know it wasn't a new or ground breaking rant - just think it seems to be getting worse and one magazine I bought today really annoyed me. I wanted some gossip rather than the analysis of every part of flesh. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel differently, but today, I just wanted to rant about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

yea that pisses me off too!

This week they seem to be going on about 'fat' celebrities, next week they'll probably have pictures of the same people with thier bones sticking out circled!!

Awfully annoying it is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I'd rant too if i wasnt so horribly addicted to heat magazine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

it really is horribbly addictive..i hate it but love it at the same time!!

• Advertisement

I know...I'm addicted too despite my rant. Still buy the damn things and take a peek at all the 'flaws'!

well then, there's your answer

the magazines aren't to blame, you and all the people who buy them are. If you all stopped buying and expressed your dissatisfaction with the way they are running their magazines, things would change.

Ah, but how dull would our lives be then? ;)

there's always acid, it's probably better for your well being than knowing what those rich idiots are up to day after day

Advertisement