Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dent in my test car

Options
  • 15-05-2007 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Hi,

I am sitting my driving test on the 28th and someone kicked in the passanger side door so there is a big dent in the side. I am worried that they might hold it agianst me or indeed fail me outright because of it. Cant afford to get it fixed and really doubnt I have the time.

Would they penalise me? What should I do? Can I just explain it to them?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The only way it should make a difference is if the door is sufficiently badly damaged to be deemed as not roadworthy by the tester. If it was only kicked then I'd suggest it shouldn't be sufficiently bad for that to happen.

Really doubt it

p.s gluck niall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

K, thanks hopefully it will be grand, I've got some pretests booked so will ask the instructor just make sure.

Thanks Emmet, loving the pic in your sig by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

the important thing is that door can be opened for the inside... and closes fully of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I passed my test with a lot of cosmetic damage to the back right of my car. Doubt the tester even noticed, but I can't see it being a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

as long as no bodywork is touching the wheels, poses a danger to anyone or impedes the normal function of a car it will be fine

Cool thanks for all the responses. Its really just the panel is completely banged in and the trim is bent. Nothing mechanicaly wrong and the door closes and opens properly. Lights are working too.

I showed it to a driving instructer and he said it will be grand. Just wanted conformation.

Balloobba glad to hear that it wasnt held against oyu, the way i thought is that the tester would assume it was due to bad drving and then try and fail me.

Just an update.

I had my test today, they didnt say anything bout the dent. And more importnantly I passed.

Thanks for the help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just an update.

I had my test today, they didnt say anything bout the dent. And more importnantly I passed.

Thanks for the help guys.
    Congratulations, well done :).

i thought is that the tester would assume it was due to bad drving
    :eek: The tester is not permitted to 'assume' anything. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the way i thought is that the tester would assume it was due to bad drving and then try and fail me.
    Even if they thought it was caused by bad driving they couldn't blame you because they don't know who else is allowed drive the car, or even if it was the fault of another road user.

Congrats on passing :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement