Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danger Close Michael Yon

• 15-05-2007 5:56pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am just finished Rules of Engagement (Col Tim Collins) and I have ordered Danger Close by Michael Yon.Has anybody come across this book and if so what did you make of it..?

Also slightly off topic any other recommendation's..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

I have read it. It's a good enough book but it's not so much about the military as about his life, not what I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

I haven't read the above titles but hope to soon

You may have read these as they are popular titles but they are good referals for anyone else who may be interested

Anything by Stephen E. Ambrose (Band of Brothers, D-Day, Citizen Soldiers etc.)

Stalingrad by Anthony Beevor

and for gung-ho special forces read with a twist check out

Rogue Warrior by Richard Marcinko

Edit: Also check out The Heroes of Jadotville for any one interested in the well hidden history of the Irish Army overseas in the Congo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

Fiasco - Ricks

Cobra II - Trainor & Gordon

SAS secret war - Jeapes (much less warry and much more cerebral than it sounds...)

Dusty Warriors - Holmes

Big Boys Rules - Urban

Don't Cry For Me Sergeant Major - Hands et al

Blairs Wars - Kampfner

Berlin - Beevor

enjoy.

Advertisement