Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Cleaner Recommendations?

Options
  • 15-05-2007 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,

Moved into the Park just before Chistmas and have been looking for a cleaner since .. (2 bed duplex)...

(I know.... I'm so lazy, but just don't seem to get the chance!!)

So far no joy, so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

Any leads gratefully accepted!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ChrisD

Try Blitz Cleaners in Kilcoole They cover G'Stones, Bray, Enniskerry area.

Used once for a one off blitz then 2 hours weekly, working for me.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Chris,

If you want to add that into the useful numbers sticky, feel free.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ordles29

Thanks Chris!

I'll give them a ring...

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SPS

How much for the 2 hours per week or for the full blitz?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

vip cleaning services very good. not sure of number but can find out if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ordles29

That would be great if you could...

Rang Blitz and they charge €55 per week which doesn't include windows or ironing (quote on a 2 bed duplex!)

Seems very steep to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SPS

I know I rang them too, €55 for 2hrs cleaning work is steep no matter how much she tried to fancy it up. If you have the number for VIP that would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

sorry - wasn't online for a while. im me and i will give you no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 novena

One company I wouldnt recommend is SOS property services. I thought I'd chosen a reputable national company with nice website and good rep. Failed to show - no explanation, aggressive staff. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

I had a cleaner but now tha I am a stay at home mum and I didnt need her any more and as far as I know she is looking for more work. She charges up from €10 to €14 per hour. If you want you can PM me for her number. SHe does several other houses in Charlesland and Eden gate.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Inch could you PM me her details please?
    Thanks in advance
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Mr Muscle?

coat! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MimiQ

I use a Cleaner who also does a few friends houses in Charlesland and Greystones. Think she is looking for more work in Charlesland at the moment so let me know if you'd like her number.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

I have been using someone called Anna . She is brilliant - really reliable and efficient and notices what needs doing. She responds to texts rather than calls as her English isn't great. She was advertising in superquinn a few months ago. Her rates are reasonable too.

SSO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

sso wrote: »
    I have been using someone called Anna (085 2858123). She is brilliant - really reliable and efficient and notices what needs doing. She responds to texts rather than calls as her English isn't great. She was advertising in superquinn a few months ago. Her rates are reasonable too.

SSO

+1

Anna's brilliant! In defiance to the state of the country we gave her a raise after 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

how much does she charge? we really want to get a cleaner again but had to let our last one go because it was working out too expensive, and the service wasn't brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

GAN
    Have PM'd you with my details as I clean! Just give me a shout if you are interested!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MimiQ

My cleaner Liuda only charges 12 euro an hour and is great. She's a lovely girl and looking for more work within Charlesland. English is bad but you can communicate phonetically via text message!! [SNIP]

[mod note] Please don't include phone numbers in posts, especially not your own! If anyone wants the number they can PM MimiQ[/mod note]

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

Anna charged €12 an hour but I too ended up giving a bit more as I was so grateful for the great job she was doing. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

sso wrote: »
    Anna charged €12 an hour but I too ended up giving a bit more as I was so grateful for the great job she was doing. Good luck

This Anna sounds amazing! I am so particular but due to work/travel commitments just can't find time to really keep on top of it. Does she do windows and a bit of ironing?

I moved into my b/f house and the whole place just needs a blitz and then a regular going over.

Would Anna be suitable?

We were let down by our last cleaner,she became compacent and took us for a ride basically,as she was cleaning for my b/f for 6 years,we feel a bit cautious...............obviously!

Thanks

• Advertisement

schmel22 wrote: »
    This Anna sounds amazing! I am so particular but due to work/travel commitments just can't find time to really keep on top of it. Does she do windows and a bit of ironing?

I moved into my b/f house and the whole place just needs a blitz and then a regular going over.

Would Anna be suitable?

We were let down by our last cleaner,she became compacent and took us for a ride basically,as she was cleaning for my b/f for 6 years,we feel a bit cautious...............obviously!

Thanks

Yeah Anna will do the windows just for the hell of it (has her own microfibre cloths) and a bit of ironing (about 4-5 shirts). She can do a load of ironing for an extra hour if you like.

Our house was truly a state and the difference was just amazing after the first visit - she spent almost an hour in the bathroom alone :eek:. She was worried that she hadn't had a chance to finish the kitchen the first week but since then because she has kept it ticking over it is all a lot more manageable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Denise3

Hi
    my name is Denise am slovak nationality working as housekeeper in charlesland-greystones for couple of months, can supply references from local families. Please let me know if you are still looking for a good responsible housekeeper :)
    thank you

Denise

[mod note] Please don't include phone numbers in posts, especially not your own! If anyone wants the number they can PM Denise3[/mod note]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johng2004

hi
    just wondering do u still use anna? is she still working as cleaner?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 budro

I am a househusband with loads of time on my hands. I am good at ironing, windows, minor maintenance and microcleaning. My wife advised me to possibly do this for extra money since she is happy with my work, and as I'm new to charging would start at 10 per hour.

johng2004 wrote: »
    hi
    just wondering do u still use anna? is she still working as cleaner?

Yup. Even since we moved up the road :). My new neighbour has her now also so she is still taking on "clients"

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

I've also heard fantastic recommendations about that lady Anna, and i'm actually getting her in from monday for a couple of hours a week, a few people i know rave about how good and honest she is.

I will post a testimonial once she's actually been here but i'm confident she is going to be excellent. she charges 13 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

Hi just wondering how you got on with Anna. I need to get a cleaner and would like one who has been recommended as I have not been successful choosing one in the past. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bogeak

hi
    i know a lady who's doing some ironing&cleaning. she is very reliable.
    Pm me if so, for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

Moobui wrote: »
    Hi just wondering how you got on with Anna. I need to get a cleaner and would like one who has been recommended as I have not been successful choosing one in the past. Thanks.

HI - sorry I meant to post after Anna first came a few weeks ago

She is absolutely fantastic! How on earth she gets the house so clean in only 2 or 3 hours is beyond me. She is very honest too, we just tell her to let us know how long she was here and to use her own initiative on whether to stay on an extra half our or so if she's in the middle of something. We got her as we agreed with our landlord (who is selling the house) that we'd keep the house in tip top condition but I have to say we'll definitely be using her when we move.

Funny enough, I was fitting a kitchen in Bray this week and Anna walked in, she cleans their house too. The couple who own the house also said she's a godsend.

I really cant recommend her highly enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

Thanks for that. She sounds fantastic. Would you mind pming me her number, thanks.

Advertisement