Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G/ 3Mobile info needed?

Options
  • 15-05-2007 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hey!

Just wondering does anyone have any info on 3Ireland's bill paying deals? I was interesed in moving to a bill paying option 'Talk 400 Anytime' on 3Ireland, along with all of my family to avail of there offer.. 'Talk for Free with 3'. I've tried to get through to their Customer Care but its located in India I think and there very hard to understand and just give basic information...

Does anyone know.. does this offer mean that if all of my family are on it.. can we simply call eachother anytime of the day and unlimited or is there terms and conditions with this offer?

I think credit customers can avail of this offer with a simple Add-on of €3.99 per month also, meaning that they can have unlimited free calls to anytime to another user on 3. Why doesnt everyone join 3 then? am i missing some crucial T&C's here.. can anyone explain!?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Yes. And in fact it is already included for free with Talk 400 Anytime, no need to pay an extra €3.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Id say im one of the few people on 3 ireland who have talk and text 200 (they got rid of it) and is paying €22.50 instead of the old €25
    10% reduction in all bills for some reason because I renewed my contract

anyway I think you would be making the right decision in moving to bill pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fridayphunnies

Useless network , useless support ,
    They may be cheeper but you really do get what you pay for.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

makaveli33 wrote:
    Hey!

Just wondering does anyone have any info on 3Ireland's bill paying deals? I was interesed in moving to a bill paying option 'Talk 400 Anytime' on 3Ireland, along with all of my family to avail of there offer.. 'Talk for Free with 3'. I've tried to get through to their Customer Care but its located in India I think and there very hard to understand and just give basic information...
    you can be on any tariff and pay 3.99 to get the add on. no need to go on the 400 minutes plan if you're not going to use the minutes.
    makaveli33 wrote:
    Does anyone know.. does this offer mean that if all of my family are on it.. can we simply call eachother anytime of the day and unlimited
    yes
    makaveli33 wrote:
    I think credit customers can avail of this offer with a simple Add-on of €3.99 per month also, meaning that they can have unlimited free calls to anytime to another user on 3. Why doesnt everyone join 3 then? am i missing some crucial T&C's here.. can anyone explain!?

Thanks!
    you can't get the add on on pre pay. and you've already found the reason people don't switch to 3. their customer care is in india and knows absolutely nothing. mostly the people who are happy with 3 are the ones who've never had to call them. also, they have a number of bizarre and completely inflexible polices

for example, you can't under any circumstances to run up a bill of more than 160 for the first 3 months of a contract even if you pay in advance. a lot of people have had their phones disconnected for weeks until the month was up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

makaveli33 wrote:
    I've tried to get through to their Customer Care but its located in India I think and there very hard to understand and just give basic information...

And yet you are still contemplating entering into a 12 month (or longer) contract with them? Unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Well I moved my wife from Vodafone to 3 billpay about 15 months ago and phone/text bill has halved, kept her number and so far no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Free video calls to your friends and family on three talk400 is cool. As long as you don't have to deal with customer care in India it is a very good deal. I've cut my bill over half (€130 - 60) from Meteor and have fast hsdpa broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gus67

My advise stay away from 3mobile completely , terrible coverage outside of centres of major population . I travel slot throughout the country and the coverage is poor or none at all:( they have good deals to tie you in for 24mths but you will pay for it in the long run . I could not recommend to anyone
    makaveli33 wrote: »
    Hey!

Does anyone know.. does this offer mean that if all of my family are on it.. can we simply call eachother anytime of the day and unlimited or is there terms and conditions with this offer?

Thanks!

You also get charged for 171 calls :(
    skearon wrote: »
    Well I moved my wife from Vodafone to 3 billpay about 15 months ago and phone/text bill has halved, kept her number and so far no problems

If you can stay away and go with a network that has better coverage. According to their customer service they will only guarantee a signal at the registered address of the customer. That's a fantastic service isn't it :) They will tie you into a 24 mth contract with a great offer and before you know it you will be buying another ready to go phone to make your calls in areas with little or no coverage from 3. Best of luck

• Advertisement

If you can stay away and go with a network that has better coverage. According to their customer service they will only guarantee a signal at the registered address of the customer. That's a fantastic service isn't it They will tie you into a 24 mth contract with a great offer and before you know it you will be buying another ready to go phone to make your calls in areas with little or no coverage from 3. Best of luck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement