Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shows CTN should make

• 15-05-2007 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

considering how lame and uninteresting CTNs programme were i have come up with a couple of ideas for them to follow up on

1. a fly on the wall documentary about a day in the life documentary on librocop

2. a day in the life of hugh brady showing his oppulent surroundings as he sips champagne in his jacuzzi as he hops around from one place to the next in his heilicopter

3. a day in the life of the assessment and logistics office- im sure this would be something very similar to the movie clerks

feel free to add any other ideas

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

toilet graffiti whistle stop tour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

They should have a hidden camera show, put wallets full of one cent coins in public places, near services desks and then seeing just how honest of dishonest UCD students are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

gubbie wrote:
    They should have a hidden camera show, put wallets full of one cent coins in public places, near services desks and then seeing just how honest of dishonest UCD students are

Oooh that'd be good, there's so many things they could be doing that would be interesting/funny. Though maybe next year with the summer to prepare there presence will be more conspicuous, for better or worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

gubbie wrote:

that's a deadly idea actually..... it would be gas if Hugh Brady was caught doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Couldn't make a whole show out of it but it could be repeatd every few hours:
    The CTN Fugitive, a blatant rip off of the 98FM Fugitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Hell's Kitchen - Gordon Ramsey shakes up the restaurant and student bar cooking staff...there are a few people I would like to see reduced to tears :)

We could stick with Hell's kitchen, or my favourite, Hugh's Kitchen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ctnrocks333

Ctn Rocks! Our Shows Already Rock And We Don't Need To Take Any Of These Ignorant Ideas On Board To Be Successful

Thanks.

Wow, informative response, no wonder CTN is such a run-away success with people like you in the wings.

And I would hardly call an internet forum represented by the students of UCD, your viewers, as "ignorant". Maybe a bit more time invested in some good ol' market research, give the people what they want, etc.

Kinda proves the point that CTN exists only for the vacuous souls in it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Stop it! I dont care how tired you are from exams, stop, look, listen. Never feed a troll!

• Advertisement

Argghh, your right mon Kaptain, I shouldn't have taken the bait!

Mea culpa too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

Something intelligent, something that reflected the fact that it's a UNIVERSITY television network wouldn't be a bad idea. Not all the time mind you, just stuff that might interest students like a documentary on the foundation of the university and how it has 'progressed' since! There's been a few interesting alumni in here too, maybe something on one or two of them...

Failing that, UCD Vice.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Red Alert wrote:
    Kinda proves the point that CTN exists only for the vacuous souls in it :rolleyes:
    That's exactly the reason why I haven't site-banned that account yet.

If that's the sort of response the representatives of CTN are making on this site, then it drives home the criticism they've been getting - it reinforces the view that CTN isn't up to much.

Are you sure though that the account is linked to CTN in any way?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

KR wrote:
    Are you sure though that the account is linked to CTN in any way?
    Ctn Rocks! Our Shows Already Rock And We Don't Need To Take Any Of These Ignorant Ideas On Board To Be Successful

Thanks.
    1. Highlighted above.
    2. The account's name is "ctnrocks333".
    3. No one who wasn't involved with CTN would think they don't need to improve.

The other option is that it's someone who thinks pretending to be from CTN and trying to get a rise out of people on a page of a website is funny. It's a bit like that person who signed up the Paris Hilton account on bebo and told everyone they were hot.

Either way, I don't think anyone here needs to worry about looking the fool because of this account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

As someone who will be involved in the running of CTN next year, I can safely say that "ctnrocks333" is not involved with CTN, and if he is, his position may be reconsidered.

I'm aware of the bad rep it's gotten around campus and in particular on boards.ie, and as such decided to get more involved and change things. It's going to be "under new management" next year. Basically, that means it's going to be run completely differently, standards are going to be considerably higher and the overall feel and presence of the station is going to be radically different.

Any ideas at all for the station, or if you would like to help, let me know either here or via ucdctn(at)gmail.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Get rid of "Slick"...seriously that dude is hated by pretty much anyone Ive ever talked to who's in UCDD. Some comedy shows as opposed to ones that take themselves far too serious given their budget/presenter quality too would probably be good.

And tell the tall lad who did the fashion program with "slick" to stop tucking his polo shirt into his jeans..jesus. He was alright apart from that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

-A Euotrash style show where we find Belfield's Biggest Boobs

-A Eurotrash Style of Show which Takes a look at the Sex Lives of Belfield Sexiest Students. With Unedited footage of sex

-A Eurotrash Style Show which encourages UCD's Sexiest Women to Strip for Money

-A Eurotrash Style show which Uncovers UCD's Horniest Lecturers

-A Eurotrash Style Show which films couples scoring in the student bar, and then plaays it on CTN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

yeah get rid of slick that was one of the worst programmes i have ever seen, two lads talking about GHDing their hair is this the stuff that students really want to see. the presenter reminded me of ali g taking the piss or something how could anyone in their right mind walk around were berets and crazy colours think that he is stylish and be capable of commenting on peoples style?

i have nothing against the presenter personally but didnt think he was up to the job

oh and make the eurotrash style programmes like hetfield suggested:D :D

• Advertisement

The other option is that it's someone who thinks pretending to be from CTN and trying to get a rise out of people

You dont think thats more likely?

Either way, I don't think anyone here needs to worry about looking the fool because of this account.

meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Het-Field wrote:

-A Eurotrash Style of Show which Takes a look at the Sex Lives of Belfield Sexiest Students. With Unedited footage of sex

-A Eurotrash Style show which Uncovers UCD's Horniest Lecturers

-A Eurotrash Style Show which films couples scoring in the student bar, and then plaays it on CTN
    ha ha wouldn't have expected it from anyone else!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i love hotshots, the guys in the latest one are so hot

You dont think thats more likely?
    I don't remember giving the likelihood of any of the options any partucular weighting. If I did, it must have been a symptom of nervous hallucinations.
    meh.
    Do you mean, "bah"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Obviously not. "Bah" requires so much more effort than "meh". :rolleyes:

I made plenty of suggestions to Pamela on this board. Good suggestions, as far as I'm concerned. Nothing was beyond the limits of a small budget and not all that much research. The filming and editing obviously wouldn't be a small thing, but the rest of the work was pretty minimal. Other people suggested interesting shows in said thread too, afaik. Positive step in the right direction if you're considering a high level of involvement in CTN next year? Actually poll some students on fresher's week to see what kind of shows they'd watch (option categories would be the best idea, I guess, such as docu-whatsit, comedy, news etc.) and maybe offer a prize (hopefully sponsored) at the end of the week for someone who took part. It'd raise the profile of the network, give people a chance to say they had a say in the network, and maybe provide you with some food for thought.

Now, I know Fresher's Week is a bit late for doing market research for the beginning of the year, as it's the second week of college by then, but it'd give you ideas for after Hallowe'en, or after Christmas, while the stuff you guys organise over the summer could suffice before then, if time is a major issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Het-Field wrote:

I think I know who yer thinking of.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I think I know who yer thinking of.;)
    Enough! STOP THAT NOW! ;)

Do you mean, "bah"?

Nah, bah implies some sort of frustration whereas I think meh captures my indifference better :)

Nah, bah implies some sort of frustration whereas I think meh captures my indifference better :)
    Oh I know; it was a rhetorical question. I was just trying to be funny. I know better now for the future. ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

A special UCD A-Team where 4 libocops are sent to prison for a crime they did not commit, promptly escape, helping people on campus, fighting a gang boss with the initials HB. Thats a show!!!

Advertisement