Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Air induction filter

Options
  • 15-05-2007 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

hi,
    anyone know which is best for an almera,cheapest place to get them and how much impact do they make.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Glanza V

it depends where you put it. go for the front bumper ilocation wise. I would recommend an apexi but not sure if they make a specific one for your car.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

CB19Kevo wrote:
    hi,
    anyone know which is best for an almera,cheapest place to get them and how much impact do they make.?

i will be bruttaly honest here mate, not worth the hassle!
    first off, i dont know know if the the big players (apexi, HKS, K&N, Green, Blitz etc) make an air filter for the almera, but dont quote me on that.

anyway, even if they do make one and you fit it, you will get no gains at all, actually you will loose power due to its position in the engine bay.
    the ecu will slightly adopt for the increase in air and pump more fuel to the engine, but because you have no other mods, the car will over fuel causing LESS power.

only thing that will change here is that your car will sound louder, thats it.

but if its the noise your after, then go ahead, but performance, you wont get any.

what model almera do you have?

old shape, new shape?
    1.5?
    1.8 GTi?

keith

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Advertisement