Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awards Days

Options
  • 15-05-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

Getting nervous now lol, :D the awards day in our School is coming close. Im a bit indifferent to them, I don't see them as a big problem bar the fact that I've to sit through them for 2 hours, if they provided me with a camp bed all would be perfect.

They're very predictable in our school anyway. Same people, different year.

Awards: Good or Evil 21 votes

Good - My achievements must be recogised
    0% 0 votes
    Evil - They make everyone feel inferior
    47% 10 votes
    Meh - Gimme a nice bed and I wont care
    9% 2 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    42% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ours are next Tuesday..but only 2 classes long...1 hour 20. Loads and loads of people get them, last year, in a year of about 100 people, 2 people DIDN'T get awards. If you get 4, you get a glass thingy. About 4-8 (depending on how many classes there are) get an award for each subject...so yeah, if I don't get Irish and Geography, that would be...strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Very much meh. I won't be getting an award this year, like I haven't for the last five years, but I will enjoy watching the class leaders ****ting themselves while they make a speech in front of the whole school and parents. I haven't a notion who's got student of the year this year either so that'll be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm not really expecting any, I don't put in a lot of effort. I'll get a prefect cert though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

We always have our awards earlier like beginning of February for seniors and end for juniors b/c we do Christmas exams in our school so they reward stuff on those. I got one for the last two years, boring affairs, just sit through hour or two of speeches then pick up aard and sit down, then get tea and go homke. The worst part about them is they're at night! Got our prefect day out tomorrow though which is decent.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

We have one for every subject. My only shot is in Irish, which I probably won't get in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Dunno if our school does this? I've never seen it with any of the other 6th years so I doubt it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

JC 2K3 wrote:
    We have one for every subject. My only shot is in Irish, which I probably won't get in the end.
    yeah cos you suck so much at maths and physics >_>
    Apparently I'm up for the english one but meh. They look nice on a CV but IMO that's all...

Apparently this year we have one for every class.... as in Higher Irish, Ordinary Irish, Foundation Irish, etc.

\o/ I'm up for teh foundy Irish! (I kid.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Academic award is in the bag (based off mock points and I know I got the highest) and that means moniez! Money=good thus I dont mind these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Money?! Jesus I thought our lot were doing well getting a plasticcy trophy and a cert....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Rozabeez wrote:
    Apparently this year we have one for every class.... as in Higher Irish, Ordinary Irish, Foundation Irish, etc.

\o/ I'm up for teh foundy Irish! (I kid.)

Nope, lots of nominees and at least 2 from each class...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

cson wrote:
    Money?! Jesus I thought our lot were doing well getting a plasticcy trophy and a cert....

Yes but a)its sponsored b) there is only money for the Junior and Leaving Cert classes and only 1 money prize each for academic, sports and personality in each class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

We've got ours next wednesday, on our graduation.

There's a mass, prize giving, a meal, and then we're all heading out for a piss up

Nope, lots of nominees and at least 2 from each class...

3 at least, according to Rooney today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ours happen on our grads night. Not looking forward to them: a mass, followed by speeches, followed by awards giving out. For the mass, I've to bring up a gift, for the speeches, I've to make the one for the students, and for the rewards, most people think I'm gonna win it, which might mean another speech if that does happen. To top it all off, there is a dress code for this night, which I just strictly cant adhere to

Advertisement