Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Out

Options
  • 15-05-2007 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

So, when's it for you?

Our grad is next Tuesday, but tradition has it we get dismissed nearly a week beforehand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Techically it's the 1st of June, but that's never the case. Sometimes it's on sports day which is sometime next week, but that's a wee bit early mefeels. Somewhere in between like the 25th'd be most likely...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Tomorrow and then next Tuesday :D

Schools out for EVER tomorrow:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The 24th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

24th is graduation. I think we're meant to come in after that, according to the principal anyway, but i don't think there'll be many who bother.

wow. It's all (finally) coming to an end *lapses into nostalgia*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Graduation is next tuesday, but its looking like we'll be let go sometime this week. Although we're expected to still come in after that for pretty much normal days, except I think we can skip classes if we want(ie. history and irish)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I'm not coming in after prizegiving tomorrow.Am planning on staying at home and doing 6-8 hours study a day.I must start studying dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Tomorrow is my last day ever. Not too bothered tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

I can't believe it... Officially next Friday, unofficially this Friday after grad night. I'll just go in for my good classes (3) next week...

I am at a loss for words, this totally crept up on me... but there's no going back now. Let us advance forward... lest our old robes sit easier than our new

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Can't believe it. Today in our second last class today, our assistant yearhead knocked on the door. Everyone done to the hall. Farewell words from the principle etc. and basically told to hit the road and best of luck in the next 3 weeks. A complete shock! Everyone was expecting Thurs/Fri but NOT today.

Our gradation mass and prize giving is next Tues when we officially leave. I have a few block classes with teachers in the next few days of revision. But it is great feeling of actually being finished the mundane daily routine of school.

Is my school one of the first finished classes, for the year as a whole???

t'is, mine is to go soon as the vandalism has already started....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Heh, my school were told that the friday a week or two(I forget) from Leaving was the last day. At quarter to four on the wednesday the principal comes into our class (the entire year were in one bilogy class) and tells us that we're done. No classes as timetabled on thursday or friday, if you wanted you could schedule classes with a teacher. Barring that, we weren't to come back till the exams.

The reason? My year were a complete bunch of fuckheads, and would have destroyed the place on their last day. So the school decided to only tell us it was our last day 15 minutes before it ended. By the time everyone stopped going "WOO! FREEDOM!" They'd all gone home, and been told not to come back. Quite clever, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Ha! our grad is the 24th and then the following week we have optional block classes.. This year went so fast!!

Raphael wrote:
    The reason? My year were a complete bunch of fuckheads, and would have destroyed the place on their last day. So the school decided to only tell us it was our last day 15 minutes before it ended. By the time everyone stopped going "WOO! FREEDOM!" They'd all gone home, and been told not to come back. Quite clever, really.

heh, our years have something in common. i reckon we'll get shown the door today after yesterdays wreckage... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Pick up my attendance award next thursday and then Ill take the rest of the days off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Raphael wrote:
    Heh, my school were told that the friday a week or two(I forget) from Leaving was the last day. At quarter to four on the wednesday the principal comes into our class (the entire year were in one bilogy class) and tells us that we're done. No classes as timetabled on thursday or friday, if you wanted you could schedule classes with a teacher. Barring that, we weren't to come back till the exams.

Harshness, who else do I know from your year last year? You think thats bad, you should see the council this year.lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

We have a simple parting gift.

Two chains, two padlocks, the gates to the car park.

Jaysus today was awful. First class, the principal comes in, whispers into the teachers ear. Then we can see him all over the school, going into every class, to come out a few seconds later. Start of second class, rumours begin big time. Principal comes over, calls out our history teacher, and they are pretty much whispering behind the door. Teacher comes in, looking annoyed, gives us about 5 essays to do for Monday. So we're all thinking this is grand, last few classes now, just wait for the principal to announce that he wants to meet 6th years. Of course, it never happened. Everyone was in such a weird spirit today, hopping around....all for nothing. Teachers are always saying it'll be tuesday when we're left out, but we're never gonna believe them. Hopefully this time tomorrrow I'll be here saying how great it feels to be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Officially finished as of today. Thing is we werent told we were off till last class earlier. The sly shi*s knew there'd be chaos so didnt tell us. Turned out to be a bit of an anticlimax.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Told this morning that we weren't gettin of till the day of grad. 2nd last calss, Year Head, Principal and Vice-Principal walk in and say the locusts, beetles and crickets we were caught about to release was a bit too much, and that we had to go before we did something we regretted. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Use this information in whatever way you see fit......argos sell clamps for €50-ish.

• Advertisement

So less than 24 hours after my last post and here I am to say that we're finished. It feels good alright. Never got a chance to buy that padlock and chain to lock people in the school though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

My school is really strict on pranks, we had a huge lecture-assembly about them the other day. So at the prefect meal today, I asked the principal for permission to do mine, it's not really a prank, just filling my year-head's room with balloons, but he agreed so its all good. woo, I still get to sit the LC in my school!! Principal loves me though, the man is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I don't like him.

I like the carpark gates padlock idea...that could actually work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

ah they'd just cut it off. I like him cos he likes me and I get away with everything.

Advertisement