Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'24' renewed for 2 more days

• 15-05-2007 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i939dbea16d1372308af7ad0b8f751846

'24' renewed for 2 more daysBy Nellie Andreeva

May 16, 2007

The clock on "24" will continue ticking for two more seasons.

Fox has renewed the Emmy-winning real-time drama starring Kiefer Sutherland through the 2008-09 season.

Sutherland is already locked to stay with the show through 2009 under his multi-year production deal with "24" producer 20th Century Fox TV.

"24" has had a roller-coaster ride the past couple of seasons, earning rave reviews for season five, which was capped by a best drama series Emmy and drawing criticism by some fans for the plotline in the current sixth season.

Created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran, "24" is a production of Real Time Productions and Imagine Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television.
    Advertisement

Joel Surnow, Robert Cochran, Howard Gordon, Evan Katz, Jon Cassar, Kiefer Sutherland and Brian Grazer are the executive producers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Huzzah! Hopefully next season will be up to 5's standards...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Goos news, hopefully Day 7 will be better than the current one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

any news on the movie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hope they get it togther, I never thought they could turn such a good show so sh!t in such a short space of time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good news, though I do seem to be in the minority that is enjoying Day 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm enjoying it, but it's just not as consistently great as 5. The 20th hour was excellent though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I'm not sure about this.
    I'm not really digging the current season.
    It started really strongly, perhaps a bit too strongly as it's gotten a bit stale recently.

I've continued watching but I'm not anticipating the next week's episode like I have in previous seasons.

They would do well to get way from LA and CTU in the next season.
    I know a key reason for everything being set in LA is the weather and their shooting schedule but surely there are other locations that could afford them the same benefits.

I'm sure I'll watch the next season in the hopes that they can redeem the show.

Killian

Ive found this season hard to watch, and I was glued to the screen for 5 seasons, this season I find myself surfing the web and boards while the episodes are on...

It's dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

The-Rigger wrote:
    Ive found this season hard to watch, and I was glued to the screen for 5 seasons, this season I find myself surfing the web and boards while the episodes are on...

It's dire.

I'm the same.
    Have always been a huge 24 fan for the previous seasons and now I'll be reading surfing or playing poker online while the episode is merely providing background noise.

Killian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

While Day 6 hasn't been the best, I don't go along with those saying it has been absolutely horrible. Sub-par, yes, in comparison with recent seasons, but there have been a few gems as well. Off the top of my head
    The episode where Jack kills Curtis and the suitcase nuke goes off, the episode with Maurice being tortured into configuring the weapons, and of course episode 17 with Jack killing Fayed.
    Also, as I remarked in another thread, I didn't rate season 4 too highly and it was followed by my favourite season so far.

So, I'll keep my faith for now and say woo, another 2 seasons :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

I think it's great. I cannot over emphasize the importance that they storyboard next season though, and at least have an idea on how they're going to end the show - remember how tight the first half of Season 1 was? (Not that the second half wasn't superb, too).

With regard to the movie -- I hope that Jack won't be a part of it, I'd much rather see his role end as it began: on the TV series, rather than being dragged out for a 24 trilogy or something. Kiefer's at the age where it seems unreasonable to do something like that anyway.

While Day 6 hasn't been the best, I don't go along with those saying it has been absolutely horrible. Sub-par, yes, in comparison with recent seasons, but there have been a few gems as well. Off the top of my head
    The episode where Jack kills Curtis and the suitcase nuke goes off, the episode with Maurice being tortured into configuring the weapons, and of course episode 17 with Jack killing Fayed.
    Also, as I remarked in another thread, I didn't rate season 4 too highly and it was followed by my favourite season so far.

So, I'll keep my faith for now and say woo, another 2 seasons :)

I think
    The suitcase nuke going off storyline
    has been pointless like most of the other 'plot' attempts. The reason being, that the writers seem to be writing every episode independent of what has happened previously, it's like they have developed alchimerz, they start storylines that should have major recourse and airtime, and then forget about them, or throw in a weird 2 line off the cuff mention 10 episodes later.

It has been some surprisingly ridiculous lazy incoherent writing.

It really feels like 80% of the show is unused stock footage from previous seasons, and it's all been spliced togther fairly randomly.

I'm thinking they must of cut the budget by 75% or reduced the writing staff of many to one lazy cheap writer who shouldn't of been employeed in the first place, that or they are smoking crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

K!LL!@N wrote:
    They would do well to get way from LA and CTU in the next season.
    I know a key reason for everything being set in LA is the weather and their shooting schedule but surely there are other locations that could afford them the same benefits.

There was talk before the start of this season that some parts would be shot in New York but of course they bottled it when it came down to it.
    The President's scenes this season have been in Washington but you would hardly notice it.

lukin wrote:
    There was talk before the start of this season that some parts would be shot in New York but of course they bottled it when it came down to it.
    The President's scenes this season have been in Washington but you would hardly notice it.

They also seemed to be shooting outside far less than in previous seasons. I would be willing to wager that there is far more CTU & Whitehouse footage in this season than any other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Great news to hear Big Jack will be running around for another two days. I agree with some of the above posters though.

I agree, a new location might shake things up.

If they actually filmed in Washington, this season, it went over my head, most of the White House scenes looked filmed on a sound stage.

All of that aside, the writing is the most important thing. Day 6 lacked direction and rehashed numerous story lines from previous seasons. They're were some glaring plotting errors too, such as
    Logan being stabbed and then everyone forgetting about him and the tacked on Chinese story

The writers have said before they work six episodes ahead. I'd imagine plotting the show is challenging but having no idea where the story of characters will be at the end of the day is highlighting the cracks in 24, especially this season.

Roll on Day 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

:d

Advertisement