Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange, Strange Problem ...

Options
  • 15-05-2007 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

New one this,

Every time I scroll my mouse wheel in Illustrator CS2, my computer plays that error sound ?

Also, I can no longer ctrl + click to resize an object freehand, Have to select the resize tool and do it that way ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'd check to see if any keyboard contacts are stuck... bash ctrl, shift, alt, space, enter a few times in turn to loosen them up.
    Check the windows accessibility tools to make sure all 'sticky keys' are disabled.
    At a guess, it sounds like modifier key behaviour... so check those.

Other than that, I'd selectivly "end task" on other processes, just incase there's something strange stealing focus at random intervals.

Usual spyware, virus scans, etc.
    Look for program patches if available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Its DEFINITELY just within Illustrator ...

Ok, ok, no need to shout.
    I'll see myself out :(

LMAO !!!

Chillax ted ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Logic dictates that every problem that you are having is to do with the mouse. Maybe try another mouse to eliminate that possible problem?

Ps 'Paddy' when you mention spyware and all that... my computer makes clicking sounds of a mouse being clicked at times like a 'ghost mouse' is in use, from what you have said does this suggest spyware or is it just a glitch? My mouse isn't faulty and it makes me think.

Anyway besides that I use Illustrator and that seems to me to be a mouse problem.

• Advertisement

Logic dictates that every problem that you are having is to do with the mouse.
    Keyboard modifier keys can effect mouse button functionality, even the mouse wheel.
    For example in Firefox, if I hold alt while using the scroll wheel on my mouse, it increases/decreases the size of the text instead of scrolling the page.
    Now if illustrator didn't have a function in place for when the user ctrl+scrolls, it might just make a default/error system sound... which seems to be a common enough behaviour.
    my computer makes clicking sounds of a mouse being clicked at times like a 'ghost mouse' is in use, from what you have said does this suggest spyware or is it just a glitch? My mouse isn't faulty and it makes me think.
    Could it be the "Start Navigation" system sound/event? ó_O
    Check your Control panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Sounds and see if it's the same sound as Start Navigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Yep twas the one. Cheers.

I just turned off the Windows Default Beep & that sorted it ...

Advertisement