Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography course

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 quacks

shazzyshaz wrote:
    yes definitely. but you would be better off doing one feature of erosion and one deposition(such as deltas) incase they specified, although i dont think they do.

So you only need two in detail from V valley, waterfall,flood plain, oxbow,levee, delta etc.. is that just a risk or is it a complete waste of time learning them all?
    Same goes for glaciers so I suppose , just know cirques and morains? Makes it way more managable if so. Thanks for all the input, much appreciated.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

The Geography exam is actually very simple, here's all the work I'm doing:

Core Book

1. All the Human Interactions
    2. Volcanoes and Earthquakes.
    3. Landforms of Igneous/Sedimentary/Metamorphic
    4. Rock Cycle
    5. Rivers and name all landforms.
    6. Depositions and Erosion Landforms of Rivers.

Regional
    1. Mezzogirno, Ireland, Norrland, India inside out, backside in.
    2. Know areas like Physical, Climatic etc......I wouldn't learn the processes off.
    3. Briefly read complexity regions...just to have an idea....dont overstudy it.

Human Processes and Environment:

1. Migration
    2. Overpopulation
    3. Settlement (Inside Out)
    4. Urban areas ( Inside Out)

Global Inter.
    1. Only do the first 2 questions, the chances of being asked 3 questions on the last two is very unlikely and not part of what there supposed to examine.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

for geoecology would u get away with just knowing soil composition and factors affecting soil characteristics? our teachers didnt tip anything!

Advertisement