Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cost of windscreen and wing mirror replacement

Options
  • 15-05-2007 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

would anyone know where one would get a windscreen and wing mirror for right side replaced in west of Ireland..i dont know where to start its for nissan almera 98 model..does anyone know how much these cost...please and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Call AAA Windscreens. They have nationwide mobile coverage and are quite reasonable.

How much of the mirror do you need replaced - the whole thing or just the glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭memeandmark

most of it is damaged so need a new one...any views on where i could get second hand...is it dear

• Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you have windscreen replacement cover on your car insurance policy then you can have it replaced for free without it affecting your No Claims Bonus. Check with your insurance company.

Regarding the mirror, ring around a few scrap yards, bound to be a scraped Almera or two in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

bazz26 wrote:
    If you have windscreen replacement cover on your car insurance policy then you can have it replaced for free without it affecting your No Claims Bonus. Check with your insurance company.

Regarding the mirror, ring around a few scrap yards, bound to be a scraped Almera or two in them.

I would agree with Bazz , dont waste your money on a windscreen when you could get it for FREE :)

no windscreen cover in insurance...should i wait til i renew in november...or what the best thing to do...

• Advertisement

no windscreen cover in insurance...should i wait til i renew in november...or what the best thing to do...

Try add it now and claim in 1-2 weeks :)

tried to add it a few months back but the insurance company said it would not be possible until the insuarance is up for renewal i.e in november!

tried to add it a few months back but the insurance company said it would not be possible until the insuarance is up for renewal i.e in november!
    Bad luck.How much is it going to cost you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

Change insurance from another person (with windscreen cover) to this car. COST = 0
    Wait till you recieve the disks and then contact autoglass directly for replacement COST = 0
    Change insurance back to your own COST = 0

SAVING = 140 euro

Breakers Tel: 04443755

Wingmirror with glass intact = 25 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

RobbieM wrote:
    Change insurance from another person (with windscreen cover) to this car. COST = 0
    Wait till you recieve the disks and then contact autoglass directly for replacement COST = 0

SAVING = 140 euro

I'm pretty sure that is fraud of the highest order!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Regarding the wing mirror, try ebay. Got one from there before. Saved me around €150

antodeco wrote:
    Regarding the wing mirror, try ebay. Got one from there before. Saved me around €150
    Yeah ebay is great, some great bargains

RobbieM wrote:

SAVING = 140 euro

Great idea It should work :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

drdre wrote:
    Great idea It should work :)

Reads like fraud to me. If I knew someone who was doing this I'd tell them not to, and if they persisted I'd report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

For the mirror, you could always try a local scrapyard.

Reads like fraud to me. If I knew someone who was doing this I'd tell them not to, and if they persisted I'd report it.
    Yeah you are right, it is fraud i just said it should work.I wouldnt do it myself as i would make sure my insurance policy covers me for these things.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Agreed. It might work ok. Still wouldn't make it the right thing to do though.

thanks for all ur replys...got wing mirror sorted..mite hold off on the windscreen for a bit!!!! thanks again

Advertisement