Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Connection

Options
  • 15-05-2007 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I was to my ISP this evenin as i was having some connection problems. They checked a few settings on my modem, everything ok. They told me i was connected to there server, but i could not view any webpages.

I tried pinging www.rte.ie and it came back destinnation host unreachable
    I tried to ping IP and it came back twice request timed and once unreachable. BUt my isp says im connected and they can see ?

They where not to sure of the problem and said i had to check my firewall settings. I still having problems.

Anyone know what is or might be wrong :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Who is you isp? BT? What modem are you using?
    If it is, going by other threads, others are having connection problems aswell.

You could try using the OpenDNS servers in your connection settings and see if that helps:
    Primary DNS Server: 208.67.222.222
    Secondary DNS Server: 208.67.220.220

Advertisement