Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

art history

Options
  • 15-05-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Never had a proper class in this subject so hoping someone here can help.
    I got an A1 in the mocks but we were told what was coming up so that result means nothing really.:(

Going by past papers ('06,'05,'04) and the Less Stress book is it right that this is enough to learn:-Section 1)Bronze and iron age, Section 2) High Ren' and some impressionism, Section 3) just the basic (7)concepts of design which can then be applied to varios questions?:confused:

Was extremely dissapointed with my practical so want to do decent in this.
    Also any predictions on what may come up? Cheers for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Deadevil129

I've always liked the way with art history you can pick and choose what you want. So far I'm studying the Georgian period, impressionism and post impressionism then some stuff about film studies, visit to a gallery and design. Keep an eye out for post impressionists this year I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Yeah I love the way you can pick and chose. So far we have studied

1.Film studies
    2.Landscape and architectural appreciation
    3.Romanesque period
    4.Gothic period
    5.Early renaissance
    6.High renaissance
    7.Impressionism
    8.Stone age and Bronze age
    9.Manuscripts
    10.development of high cross
    11.Georgain period
    12.Exhibition question
    13. Carravagio-not sure which period he is allocated to.:o

I think i might skip impressionism. Wasn't my favourite section and i think I have enough areas in european art to keep me happy. I was told to look out for Lois le Broquay this year so I think we shall be studying him soon enough. Watch this space. How did everyone get on in the practicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

For the Irish section we've covered:

The Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age.

For the European we've (half) covered:

Romanesque and Gothic but if a detailed question comes up we're screwed.

For the Aprreciation question, our teacher basically said "make it up!"
    We went through the formal elements though so you just have to use them in your answer.

I knew everything we went through in class for the mocks and still only got a B1 because the teacher didn't go into the detail needed for the European section and, as for the appreciation question, see above!

Advertisement