Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent around UCD?

Options
  • 15-05-2007 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

How much should you expect to pay for rent if you're sharing a house around D4/D6?

I'm desperate to move out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Here's my knowledge from searching last year: (I'm open to correction!)
    If you want somewhere right beside it (like Clonskeagh) then it'll be expensive. If you can get like 4 others then you can rent a house and it'll be much cheaper, and so much better facilities! Then it'll be about €100 for a single room. Ranelagh and around there's best. A shared room will be about €70/€80. Anything private will be €100. Ditto with Stillorgin. I don't know anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Been meaning to ask this for a while, what's a good time to look for a house? Need to find somewhere for next year, and have no idea when I should be looking, doesn't seem to be any ads up for moving in come september.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Raphael wrote:
    Been meaning to ask this for a while, what's a good time to look for a house?
    In short, it's never too early to start. You could consider sub-letting it for the Summer months, but in practice there's always far more accommodation available in June when 9-month leases end than in September when the 12-month ones finish their cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Plus ask your friends! If you can find a friend who's gonna have a spare room next year then you've all the hard work done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

gubbie wrote:
    Then it'll be about €100 for a single room. Ranelagh and around there's best. Anything private will be €100. Ditto with Stillorgin. I don't know anything else

Throw between 20-40 euro onto that single room price for the Ranelagh/Greater Donnybrook area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement