Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entertainment in Dundalk?

Options
  • 15-05-2007 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm gonna be stopping over in Dundalk on a Monday night.
    Has anyone any recommendations for a good night out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

depends on your age, if your 18 - 23 then check out

pubs : Brubakers(over 21's), Courtneys(can be quiet), Parkes Bar(Fancy), Good Time Charlies(noisy)

Nightclub for a monday night is Club Amber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sara33

Thanks Draffodx! I'M 27... Do you reckon you recommendations will still suit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭not14talk

Ah yeah would def head to Brubakers.

As for a nightclub I would suggest Ridley's most people over 25 go there. But Amber is old enough with the age ranging from 19 - 26 most people will be about 21s. Its €3 a drink and €3 in though I could be wrong with that.

Also if your ever back up in Dundalk stay well clear of Vicars place is filled with scum. Havent been there in months tho mainly because I moved away from home to go to college.

yeh ridleys is meant to be very good for your age, bouncers can be annoying if they dont know you though and i'm not sure if its open on a monday.

definately head to brubakers and parkes if theres not much of a crowd there then check out good time charlies and then head to amber

and as not14talk says stay away from vicars, total dump

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Same as that Parkes then Ridleys. Checked the Spirit Store, there's nothing on there unfortunately

I'll check out the local paper tonight and see. If your dining I'd recommend Rosso's they're gunning for a Michilin Star this year, the food is fantastic and reasonably priced

• Advertisement

Checked the Argus. There's a band called 'The Stormers' playin in Good Time Charlies on monday night, they're alright; might be worth a look, they do covers.

Edit/ changed hecked to Checked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sara33

Thanks guys! Will these places be busy? There is gonna be about 30 of us heading out. I think we are staying in the hotel for dinner but if we are going out I will keep Rosso's in mind.

There might be a few knocking round but 30 people shouldn't be a problem in the pubs and clubs mentioned here on a monday night.

Make sure you let us know what how you got on in our fair town

you'll have to split up a bit they wont let 30 in all at the one time in some of the places, might be a few people about alright college exams are on until tuesday and amber is open tuesday for the students so monday night might be a bit quiet.

Advertisement