Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So.......A/B grade personal responses to poetry.....whose got 'em?

Options
  • 15-05-2007 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any good personal responses to share with the rest of us?I'd be particularly interested in any good Plath/Kavanagh responses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I do, in my head ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

I could give you my pre answer on Frost which got an A...but quite frankly it's crap so you're better off....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

If you pay me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Well, aren't you all very mean??

I have a Kavanagh essay which got an A. I don't know if it's A-worthy, but it still got one. If you want it, maybe I could put it up on the zulunotes thing. It'd help me revise I guess. I'll try to do it tomorrow or Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

That'd be great.Also if anyone knows any sites with good sample answers to poetry questions that'd be great.Skool.ie is okay......but doesn't really have what i'm looking for (ie anything I can just learn off and stick down on the day.I'd be happy with a C of any description, and the only thing thats really holding me back is poetry).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Our teacher gave us excellent sample answers to base our answers on from a book called 'poetry' if u cud get ur hands on it... its been out for a few years but includes samples on Kavanagh, Frost, and Plath. :)

It was just called ''Poetry''?You wouldn't happen to know who its written/published by would you?

No sorry haven a clue, she gave us photo copies of them and all i know is that its called 'poetry'. She's been teachin for years so coud be out of print i dont know, but it would be well worth it if u could find it. I used the sample on Frost for the mock and got an A with only minor changes so they are good!

Curses.Searching for ''Poetry'' on Amazon gives me 165257 results........Thats quite alot.

Oh.. :eek: Would probably be quicker to write your own and learn it at that rate!

• Advertisement

try this link, various sample answers here for different topics, u might be lucky http://www.allhonours.ie/index.php?action=vtopic&forum=50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

I don't see why so many people need to 'learn off' answers for the LC... doesn't that take much longer than learning a little about the poet, learning a few quotes and knowing which themes are relevant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Got 96% for Kavanagh, but I'm fecked if I'm putting that mofo on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

md99 wrote:
    I don't see why so many people need to 'learn off' answers for the LC... doesn't that take much longer than learning a little about the poet, learning a few quotes and knowing which themes are relevant?

I think it would take roughly the same amount of time

Actually it would take much less.I wouldn't learn it word perfect, i'd just learn the gist of it and alter it slightly to suit the question (ie change the opening and concluding paragraphs).Anyways I'll try that site.It seems pretty good.Thanks Diamond.If anyone else has any help to give/contributions to make, keep 'em coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭stepperupper

i got 50/50 for Plath in the Pre and it wz a pre that wz marked really hard. It's perfect................ BUT F U C K you i'm not giving it to you... i hope you fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭stepperupper

only messing i will give it to you cuz i'm a legend. PM me your e-mail cuz I'll type it up (shud help me learn it better neway) and e-mail it on to you

PM sent.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I want it too now :(

I'll put it up tomorrow....

I haven't been able to find it yet :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Taffy89

ive sent a PM too if thats okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My Plath notes that I posted up here a while back have sufficent information to get an A. If I'm bothered this weekend, I'll post up personal responses to Frost and Montague.

My Plath notes that I posted up here a while back have sufficent information to get an A. If I'm bothered this weekend, I'll post up personal responses to Frost and Montague.
    Can you give us a link to those notes Muderer?Or mention what topic you posted in?Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I got a B in my mock exam with Plath's essay. In my opinion, the question we got "Reading Plath's poetry can be an uncomfortable experience" seemed a very simple question, for those that liked her & didn't.

Anyway, I've gotten B's on Frost & Yeats, but I do poorly on Donne & Kavanagh, they don't appeal to me in the slightest.

Sweet thanks alot.

Edit:What the hell?I've obviously seen those notes before......seeing as how I was the first one other than you to post in the topic!Oh well thanks anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 curious girl

i got 50/50 for Plath in the Pre and it wz a pre that wz marked really hard. It's perfect................ BUT F U C K you i'm not giving it to you... i hope you fail.
    colul you please forward your Plath essay to me at a.lavelle@largy.ie i would be most grateful, many thanx;) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 curious girl

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    I got a B in my mock exam with Plath's essay. In my opinion, the question we got "Reading Plath's poetry can be an uncomfortable experience" seemed a very simple question, for those that liked her & didn't.

Anyway, I've gotten B's on Frost & Yeats, but I do poorly on Donne & Kavanagh, they don't appeal to me in the slightest.
    Any chance u could e mail these essays to me a.lavelle@largy.ie, many thanx

• Advertisement

*blushes*
    Can anyone tell me how to create a link from the Kavanagh page on the zulunotes so's I can put up my essay??
    I just have no idea how to do it.

Advertisement