Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving something back

Options
  • 15-05-2007 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

My wife and I have been friends of the animal world for years so we decided some little things to do apart from donating money and other things would be to foster cats and help out the local shelters which is practical in our area here a few months ago.

The call came a few days ago that it was "raining cats" at the shelter and they needed help. Today we picked up two male kittens, just 6 weeks old. We will be looking after them until they are old enough to be adopted. :) I'm sure there will be many more of these in the coming months and years to look after.

dscf2395gw6.th.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

They are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

ahhhhhh:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Awwww so cute! I am no good at fostering - I love all cats & want to keep all kittens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

They look gorgeous keep up the good work. The kittens did not get a good start in life and now its going to change for the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

awh, they're adorable! fair play Ruu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

They're adorable Ruu!! Fair play to ye both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Fair play mr and mrs Ruu.

Don't think I'd be able to give em back though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Good work world need people like you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Aw well done, my mum and i are going to volunteer at our local animal shelter.

She is doing walking duties and i will be writing pet diaries and taking pictures to try and get the animals new homes.

We dont have much spare time but we are going to fit it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thats great, I really admire people who do as much as they can. It doesn't take a whole lot to help out sometimes. We named them George, grey one (as in curious) and Graham, the tabby (as in Graham Crackers). Have my work cut out with them hiding under the fridge and bookcase this morning. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Me and Mrs. Beards adopted a 6 week old kitten 8 months ago and as I type she's (the kitten) sitting on my shoulder. I get attached within hours and can't give them away afterwards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

George and Graham left us today as they were ready to be put up for adoption, I'm sure they will have no trouble in finding a nice family. :) We traded those for two more little fluff balls who were found outside three days ago.

One is ginger and white and the other all black (he is missing part of his right ear and the ginger one, his head wobbles a bit as they think it might be some sort of brain damage perhaps).They are both males and have very pretty, blue eyes, the pic is a little unclear as I wanted to let them rest for a while and not scare them.

These two will be a bit more of a challenge but looking forward to it. The newest additions are below, ginger one is Teddy but no name for the black one.

485492945030384280761514_DSCF2496.jpg

Advertisement