Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MicroMacroEconomics?

Options
  • 15-05-2007 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

which is your precious....?

Micro or Macro? 4 votes

Macroeconomics
    0% 0 votes
    Microeconomics
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

for me, it's Micro, if I have my way I will avoid Macro completely in long Qs....save maybe for the beloved National Income/Multiplier question, or Banking maybe, that's usually a delight!

but nothing beats the old reliables, Market Structures, Demand/Supply, Costs, Elasticity and (slightly harder but a beautiful 4th Question) Factors of Production.

Please excuse my enthusiasm but I LOVE this subject!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Anarchy ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Its gotta be Macro, thankfully though I rock at both!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Micro all the way, Perfect Competition, Supply/Demand, Elasticity, FOPs. Bound to get at leat 3 of them in long qs! I'll study Money and Banking and International Trade and National Income too. Hopefully that'll cover me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

perfect competition , fop , elasticity, demand and supply are micro not macro.

for me micro is the best its the easiest,

md99 i also love this subject

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Theres too much to learn in macro. Micro is much more straightforward to revise. And also they seem more likely to ask tricky questions in the macro, questions you actually need to think about.

I'd love if a few nice easy micro topics to come up. Cant see it happening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

md99 wrote:
    which is your precious....?
    I found Macro more interesting butMicro easier to study. I hope ye get a more balanced paper then I did in the LC last year. Got 6 macro and 2 micro!!

I'm doing them both in Uni still, and Macro is alot more interesting then Micro again this time around.

Rineanna wrote:
    I found Macro more interesting butMicro easier to study. I hope ye get a more balanced paper then I did in the LC last year. Got 6 macro and 2 micro!!

I'm doing them both in Uni still, and Macro is alot more interesting then Micro again this time around.

What are you talking about? It's an even divide, it's 50:50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

md99 wrote:
    Last year it was 5 macro and 3 micro AFAIK. They're not obliged to have it 4 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭fuinneamh

macro is more enjoyable as nearly always the part (C) in a question require you to use some form of economic reasoning which i love. Also the best way to study this question was to read the economics column on the business supplement of the irish times. Analysis of current problems and possibly what will come up.

• Advertisement

md99 wrote:
    No, No. It's not. I did it, and I'm 100% sure Macro made up the majority of questions. As the next poster said, they're not obliged to go 50:50 with the questions. Apparently, the majority of students were answering all the Micro questions when it was a 50:50 divide between the two, so they increased the weight of Macro in the exam so that you had to at least answer one Macro question. That's what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

oooh if 4 micro questions came up it would be great :D

Rineanna wrote:
    No, No. It's not. I did it, and I'm 100% sure Macro made up the majority of questions. As the next poster said, they're not obliged to go 50:50 with the questions. Apparently, the majority of students were answering all the Micro questions when it was a 50:50 divide between the two, so they increased the weight of Macro in the exam so that you had to at least answer one Macro question. That's what I'm talking about.

Marshy is right, it was 5:3 in your exam... not 6:2. Can't believe I never realised this.... I love micro. Maybe we'll even get 4 Micro, since in the last 2 years it's been 5:3?

md99 wrote:
    Marshy is right, it was 5:3 in your exam... not 6:2. Can't believe I never realised this.... I love micro. Maybe we'll even get 4 Micro, since in the last 2 years it's been 5:3?
    Thanks for the correction, 5:3 it was so. I knew Macro dominated the paper somewhat.

There's no reason why you won't get a 4:4 paper (and hopefully for your sake it is if you like Micro that much) but I'd be wary of having to answer at least one Macro question. What are the predictions like this year for the paper in terms of market structures to come up, etc? I think Oligopoly came up in my paper last year , and that Monopoly is due?:confused:

Advertisement