Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Razor phone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Look nice phones but I have yet to meet anyone who is happy with a RAZR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

I didnt like it much but i think this one would be better.Hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've yet to see a razr work for 4 minutes this is ground breaking

Cremo wrote:
    i've yet to see a razr work for 4 minutes this is ground breaking

I know there have been huge problems with v3.I hope this one is better.Its got good looks but not that many good features

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

In all fairness, and I dislike all things Motorola, the K1 isn't a bad auld phone. Could be going in the right direction.

That said, they need a new GUI before I touch them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

They can keep it! Will never ever touch any of their phones again. I have the RAZR v3xx and 90% of calls that I attempt to make, fail. Dreadful battery life, horrible interface -it is a simply ghastly phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

GOOD LORD:eek:

i would rather use dial up for the rest of my life than another motorola

krazr, krap, razr blah blah...........

* gets seizure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i've had one for the last 18months or so. has never failed me yet, battery life is ok. Call quality is fine, it supports gmail/opera/aft. UI is a bit crappy alright, but I'm used to it now.

that said, I'll be changing it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ablelocks wrote:
    i've had one for the last 18months or so. has never failed me yet, battery life is ok. Call quality is fine, it supports gmail/opera/aft. UI is a bit crappy alright, but I'm used to it now.

that said, I'll be changing it soon.
    you got AFt to work on a moto? i've never managed to do it. i just assumed it was one more bad thing about them. what did you do to get it to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I've had 2 motorola phones, including a RAZR. Both were completely useless, wouldn't go anywhere near motorola ever again.

Poor interface, poor software, poor battery life, poor construction, poor design, far too flimsey and fragile.

My RAZR didn't even support delivery reports ! You had to set them individually for every out going message. Complete joke of a phone clearly designed for a non-text litterate US market primarily.

I don't even like the design. It's too bling-bling and chavtastic for my liking.

• Advertisement

Ive used afew motoralas just for a while but i used the E6 motorala for nearly 4 weeks and thought it was good.Its a phone not available in ireland and was touch screen.I thought it had a good battery life .I dont know much about the V3 as i havent used it much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

here's an article i agree with 100%;

Why the RAZR is killing Motorola ?

16th May 2007

It's one of the most iconic phones on the market, and something that redefined the way that consumers look at mobile phones. But the Motorola RAZR V3 has turned from a thing of beauty into something more sinister.. because the RAZR is slowly killing Motorola.

Motorola's sales are slumping and the handset division is making a significant loss. Major shareholders are unhappy and want something to be done urgently. However, it seems that the once successful RAZR has become a millstone around Motorola's neck.

more - http://www.mobilegazette.com/why-the-razr-is-killing-motorola-07x05x16.htm

you got AFt to work on a moto? i've never managed to do it. i just assumed it was one more bad thing about them. what did you do to get it to work?

followed instructions in the aft thread, downloaded and installed it, unchecked flash and vibrate after send and checked Force GET (iirc, there was a mention from someone else to make sure to check that on a moto).

that was it really. The biggest problem was getting internet access from Meteor, that took at least 5 or 6 calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ablelocks wrote:
    followed instructions in the aft thread, downloaded and installed it, unchecked flash and vibrate after send and checked Force GET (iirc, there was a mention from someone else to make sure to check that on a moto).

that was it really. The biggest problem was getting internet access from Meteor, that took at least 5 or 6 calls.
    when you say internet access, did you have to get the ISP activated or did you use the GPRS apn?

when you say internet access, did you have to get the ISP activated or did you use the GPRS apn?

ISP activated - so I could use gmail and opera too. I think I posted some settings somewhere...lemme look.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I had a motorola v360 (I think) and it was an utter pile of crap. I was too cheap and stingey to get a new phone though. Then I got really drunk one night and lost it which kinda sucked at the time but in hindsight it was the best night of my life :D I've never been so happy to see the back of sometime ever. Needlesstosay I won't be buying a motorola phone again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

i had a v6 for a few months, it was grand, no bother with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

why do motorola keep releasing sh**** razr clones? do they not realise they are rubbish and no one wants them, duh.

i found a moto in a hotel in cork years ago, a v series (ewww), i left it in the toilet......

serious. and that was a good bit ago when i had a brick nokia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I had a V3 for well over a year and no problems. I really liked it. Major flaw for me was the poor prediction in the text and the very poor camera. The UI wasn't great but after a while you found ways around it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement