Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Limerick book club - an idea

Options
  • 15-05-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I'm sticking my finger in the air and gauging the wind on this one.

I currently in the middle of reading a book called "The Government and the People of Limerick - A history of Limerick Corporation/City Council 1197 -2006" by Mathew Potter.

It is a most interesting read and would highly recommend it, even though it has a high price of €25.

But for that you get nearly 600 pages of a high quality book.

Anyway, This is not the only book about Limerick that is availible, there are books about the City or books written by people from the city on a constant basis.

So, I am just wondering, who would be interested in taking part in a sort of book club where only books about Limerick or written by Limerick People would be read.

Books would not necessarily be about history, they could be anything really.

Or, we could just recommend books that come out and let people post on whether they have read it and what they thought of them

Anyway, i would be interested in hearing your ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Well I'd deffinately be up for something like that.
    I'd be willing to give it a go at least.

There are a fair few books on Limerick history that I've thumbed through in Easons and the like, but keep putting off buying them.

This could be somewhat of a starting push I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Tea Leaf

I've read the one you've mentioned and it is a brilliant work. I got it last year from my uncle (who worked for the Corporation for about 40 years) and I added it to my current collection of books I have on Limerick (mostly historical).

I would definitely be interested in a book club.

Advertisement