Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nightclub in Dundalk?

• 16-05-2007 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Was looking through The Argus on my 1 day trip back home and I saw an add for the Clanbrassil Hotel saying €3 a drink and some DJ will be playing. Now for all I know there is already one there but I just never knew about it or it could just be for during the day?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Jaysus, the clanbrassil nite-club, that brings me back to my college days, mental it was.

Never heard about the club re-opening but, I was in the bar and it is smashing, superbly finished, great service but no punters, seriously it is as dead as a dodo. I'll check it out in The Argus this evening though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh there is a pub there that opens late, really late, am not sure if its a full nightclub there to be honest, living in dundalk for college we'd get leaflets through the door about it but it wasnt clear whether there was a bar and nightclub or whether the bar just stayed open till half 2, we were gonna go one of the first nights but heard from people already at it that it was empty so never bothered

draffodx wrote:
    yeh there is a pub there that opens late, really late, am not sure if its a full nightclub there to be honest, living in dundalk for college we'd get leaflets through the door about it but it wasnt clear whether there was a bar and nightclub or whether the bar just stayed open till half 2, we were gonna go one of the first nights but heard from people already at it that it was empty so never bothered

I'd say it's a disco-bar TBH. There is a bit of a dance floor in the bar area. It's worth calling into for a beer anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Yeah it's a disco bar. Although saying that a couple of mates were kicked out at 11:30 on a Friday night. Last orders wasn't even called or anything. Heard it was dead in there aswell. Supposed to be nice for food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Is that the pub Glen Lawlor's running now?

There's band's in it every week if it is that one.

• Advertisement

Is that the pub Glen Lawlor's running now?

There's band's in it every week if it is that one.

Yeah that's him I think, yer man from Lawlors

Advertisement