Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sabu And Vito Released

• 16-05-2007 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Sabu and Vito Have been Released by WWE as of May 14th 2007

The Reason for Sabu's Release was because he turned up at the SD!/ECW taping in Baltimore,Maryland late and with no gear, Vito was Let Go for No Reason.

I Think it was a big mistake letting Sabu go, theres only 3 ECW originals now (RVD,Sandman and Dreamer) And With RVD Going after ECW ONS there is hardly any originals left

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

kentonbomb wrote:
    I Think it was a big mistake letting Sabu go, theres only 3 ECW originals now (RVD,Sandman and Dreamer) And With RVD Going after ECW ONS there is hardly any originals left

That's what they want though. They don't give a sh*t about the original ECW. Place your bets on how long Sandman lasts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, Sabu was bound to be released soon, I'm surprised he's lasted this long. There were stories about him showing up late and stuff like that late last year, it's as if he wanted to get fired. He didn't get up to much in WWE, but he had some exciting matches in TNA the last time he was there, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up there

Vito I'm slightly surprised about now, considering he was the DSW champ and had been getting some good reviews from what I read. I never liked the guy though, him in a dress was just awful tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

Think of all the originals they fired from 2006 with danny doring,sabu,cw anderson,psicosis and a few more, i think ECW ONS should be the only part of ECW and cancel ECW Shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Just on ECW One Night Stand, for the last 2 years having the initials "ECW" on a ppv did actually good business for the WWE and was seen by many as a must see ppv.

Now after a year of tv, a ppv with those initials actually hurts the WWE. Thats the effect the WWE has had. They had something with ECW and they butchered it themselves.

On Sabu, I feel sorry for him. It was quite clear from a long way out though that there weren't gonna be many ECW originals left in the company within a year.

On reflection after what they did with the brand, I'm not sure why they even bothered to sign half of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Vito was one of the least entertaining characters in the WWE. Glad he's gone.

Sabu could have been great, but he was obviously dying on the inside. Sabu vs Big Show may have been a botchfest, but there was something of a freakshow attraction to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

No loss either of them. Maybe Sabu from a storyline point of view, but in the ring the guy has been a disaster in his WWE run. Very surprised he lasted this long to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Damn I thought sabu was kind of good. Why is RVD leaving?? He is one of a few I actually like in the WWE anymore...

From pwtorch:

-- Sabu was scheduled for ECW TV last night, but he arrived at the building looking to be released and walked out of the building with RVD. WWE then announced his release on their website. Sabu was one of many former ECW wrestlers who signed a one-year deal in April 2006 for the re-launch of the ECW brand. Sabu's wife was backstage in Orlando at the Impact tapings snapping pictures. Although RVD is advertised through the One Night Stand PPV on June 3, the word going around Monday in Orlando is that RVD would be free and clear after Tuesday's ECW TV taping in Baltimore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Wow. Looks like van Dam is going sooner than expected. I reckon he will do fine in TNA. He's going to have to re-invent himself and he's gonna have to come up with a new name. Hopefully Jarrett or Russo or whoever isn't in charge of picknig it.

He could probably go back to his old name of Robbie V, although it's a little childish sounding now. So he could show up at the next Impact tapings? I suppose Sabu sould have to wait the 90 days before he could return there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Latest reports have it that Sabu's wife was at the last TNA Impact tapings so I guess we can start the 90 day countdown for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Rob Van Dam Possibly Given Early Release
    Date Added: May 17, 2007
    Story By: Will Hengelbrok
    Rob Van Dam's match with Snitsky on Tuesday could have very well been his last match ever in WWE. Wade Keller of the Pro Wrestling Torch is reporting that RVD is officially done with World Wrestling Entertainment as of last Wednesday. WWE felt that keeping RVD around and burying him on TV was not worth it and it was better to get him off TV as soon as possible.

His contract wasn't going to expire until late June at the earliest, but WWE officials cut that short because RVD said he would not re-sign with them and they had nothing for him until then. Despite the early release, RVD has a no-compete clause, and thus he can't show up in TNA next week for instance.

He is expected to sign with TNA after a long deserved summer break. If and when he joins TNA, it will probably be in September at the earliest. TNA is trying to land a two hour slot for the fall season on Spike, so if they end up getting it, they'll probably hold him off for the two hour show's debut.

This would indeed make sense i suppose, didnt really dig snitsky puttin him out tuesday, just cant take kane 2 seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

^^^If it is true, let me be the first to say: Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey goodbye, na na na na........

Worth keeping in mind that whenever his contract was due to end would be the earliest time he could show up in TNA, so there is a possibility he could debut in late June

I'm kinda surprised WWE didn't try to bury him bad though. I suppose he's liked backstage and they didn't want to harm morale

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

I'm so annoyed at RVD's 'supposed' departure. The man has talent and yet because of politics and the powers that be in WWE, he is getting buried week in and week out by semi-talented wrestlers like Snitsky etc which in turn is driving him out of the company. Its not just RVD either whose getting this bad treatment as a result of backstage politics. If you watched ECW this week you would have seen Guido getting crushed by Thorn. WWE obviously dont know how to run a business properly. They allow the inmates to run the assylum rather than making the best show possible. If they were to make the best show possible, the likes of Thorn and Snitsky would be the ones at the bottom of the ladder, making their way up whereas the established stars with definite carisma and ability would be at the top i.e. RVD and Guido. Its not so bad for RVD, he's held the WWE title and will be able to negotiate a decent contract with TNA, I feel more the likes of Guido and Steven Richards. Wrestlers with talent and charisma who are being laid to waste at the bottom of the barrel so that the new 'no-talent, flavour of the month' guys can shine. Anyways thats my rant.

Minto wrote:
    ^^^If it is true, let me be the first to say: Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey goodbye, na na na na........

Why the negativity?

I don't think he's been quite the same since he returned from injury but even so he's had about 6 years of good matches in the WWE. I'm sad to see him go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

if RVD does not re-sign with wwe , the no compete clause will not apply to him so he could do what Christian did and show up days later in TNA. But rumours are saying they would not use RVD till TNA get the 2hour slot(which is looking quite likely)

If you watched ECW this week you would have seen Guido getting crushed by Thorn.

It was supposed to be Sabu who was beaten by Thorn, but he was fired just before the show, so I suppose they just wanted someone to do Sabu's job

I agree with what you're saying. Stevie Richards is so talented, I'd say a lot of people forget how good he is on the mic too. And the thing is, not only could he be used to get himself over and become some sort of star on the show, but he'd be in a great position to help the new guys who don't get as much of the fan support. Having Punk beat him every few weeks does nothing for either man, because Richards isn't seen as any sort of real challenge. By ignoring the guys with real proven talent I think WWE make it harder for themselves with what they're actually trying to do, which is get the new guys over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

RVD made his own bed when the drug thing happened. WWE were not in a position to push him after this and he lost the ECW title as a result. Its his own fault. Just as they were about to push him to the moon and be the figurhead of the ECW brand he went and F'd it up.

if RVD does not re-sign with wwe , the no compete clause will not apply to him so he could do what Christian did and show up days later in TNA. But rumours are saying they would not use RVD till TNA get the 2hour slot(which is looking quite likely)

If his contract isn't due to expire until June and he's already left WWE, as has been reported, then it's likely that WWE would have put a no compete clause in place until whenever his contract would have run out

And it's also worth keeping in mind that TNA getting two hours for Impact has been reported as being "likely" for at least a year now!

• Advertisement

Why the negativity?

I don't think he's been quite the same since he returned from injury but even so he's had about 6 years of good matches in the WWE. I'm sad to see him go.

Its been a long long time since I could stand RVD. I don't like his character or his attitude and IMHO he is overrated. I havn't enjoyed any of his matches since around the InVasion PPV 6 years ago.

I don't know why people still keep on bringing up the drug thing. He got caught with some weed ffs, he's hardly a junkie. The whole thing was completely blown out of proportion. And being caught with drugs is hardly going to stop WWE pushing him, they have been pushing steroid takers for 20 years.

Anyway, I looks forward to seeing what TNA do with him, surely they can't blow this one like they did with Angle.

From WWE.com:
    WWE has come to terms on the release of Ariel, Scotty 2 Hotty & Nick Mitchell of the Spirit Squad. We wish them all the best in all future endeavors.

Can't say I'm surprised with Nick really, he didn't stand out that much. Ariel is slightly surprising, she was on tv this week. But Scotty is a bit shocking I think. If they kept him for the last few years, what's changed now? I haven't really liked him since before Rikishi was around, but he seemed like someone who'd be around forever. The gimmick was definitely old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Kevin thorn must be getting a gimmick change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Again? At this rate he'll be come the Brutus Beefcake for the new milennium, given how short he lasted as Mordecai, and if Thorn is scheduled for a gimmick change, that means he's lasted about a year with his current gimmick, if even that!

Scotty doesn't really surprise me, he's had 10 years with the company at this stage, wouldn't surprise me if he was contracted for that entire time, as he was the only one of the original Light Heavyweights left (Funaki didn't actually join until 98).

The rest i couldn't give a rats ass about, and Ariel will probaby return to TNA anyway.

VR!

Ariel was never in TNA

Minto wrote:
    Its been a long long time since I could stand RVD. I don't like his character or his attitude and IMHO he is overrated. I havn't enjoyed any of his matches since around the InVasion PPV 6 years ago.

He was a shinning light often in a very crappy ECW. He is hit and miss. In my opinion he was over rated and now people under-rate him.

Fozzy wrote:
    Ariel was never in TNA
    You be right and I be wrong... I thought she was Desire in TNA, Obsessed with Wrestling disagrees though.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I thought Scotty was going to be one of those people who'd stay around forever. Now I'm sad.

• Advertisement

Update from PWInsider.com Elite Audio show (nicked from DVDR):

-- As we reported earlier today, Ariel was released from her WWE/ECW contract. According to several backstage, she was released for a backstage incident with Batista. It appears that the two had an argument and she was simply defending herself.

Politically, that was the wrong move on her part. Another issue that came in to play was Stephanie McMahon’s opinion on her. Stephanie was never a fan of Ariel’s unique look and the fact that Paul Heyman handpicked her when ECW returned.

-- With Ariel’s departure from ECW, Kevin Thorn has been told he will be getting a makeover. So look for Thorn to be less of a vampire character. Sources are also saying that Dave Lagana isn’t one to “rock the boat” and will go with whatever WWE management wants, rather than fighting for the characters.

Looks like Steph is on a bit of a power trip.
    I wonder what happened between Ariel and Dave. Personally, I'm gonna miss her. :(
    source: www.f4wonline.com

Stephanie McMahon was promoted to the role where she decides who gets hired and who gets fired last week. Johnny Ace answers to her now, or she can overrule him on a decision if she wants. She's really making use of her title now, as she fired four people within mere days after there weren't any cuts since before WrestleMania.

Stephanie's first victims ended up being Rob Conway and 2 Cold Scorpio, who were released on 5/11. Scorpio had spent months and months sitting at home doing nothing, so this was no surprise. Conway was a surprise because he's a good worker and always had a good attitude. Stephanie felt Conway was a "jobber for life" and would never draw any money, and wanted to make room for more developmental talents to be called up.

Johnny Ace had to be the "bad cop" (which is his new role, as if he didn't have enough heat already), and made things worse for himself by lying, saying creative couldn't come up with anything for Conway to do. The problem was that creative had come up with something for him, a reunited La Resistance on ECW. Conway had just recently received his new gear when Ace told him there were no ideas. Many people in the company were very unhappy with the call since they felt he could have made a great teacher in Louisville.

Stephanie's taking her new role very seriously and she really wants to make her mark. Expect to see some more cuts within the next few weeks. Had Stephanie not been promoted, the individuals recently released would probably still be around, or at least a little while longer.

It's funny that she thinks Conway and the like won't draw any money when Khali and Snitsky are the next two opponents for the WWE champ.

I wonder who is going to be next? I'd love to see under used talented guys like Noble, Haas and Benjamin released so they can get on with their careers. The likes of Sandman, Mahoney and Funaki are more likely, if they do release any more.

Jamie Noble I would love to see get released. I can't remember the last time I saw him on tv, but he's a great wrestler. So if he's not going to be used on tv, I'd rather have him work the indies where I can see him

Mahoney has got to go. I also would have thought the Spirit Squad personel were in trouble. Striker could be as well. Personally I think it's a good thing. I'd like to see the younger wrestlers be given a chance than the old and crap ones ( I'd much prefer to see the Major Brothers on ECW than Mahoney). Fair play to her

She is still the anti christ. Striker has alot to offer still as part off the New Breed. He's good on the mic and pretty decent in the ring too. Besides, ECW needs wrestlers. Who the **** are the Major Brothers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I am a bit surprised that Ariel was released, she seemed to be on ECW week after week. She posted a new blog on her myspace:
    Thanks to all

I just want to say thank you to all who support me and wish me well. Just so you know, don't feel bad, I'm off to bigger and better things. Soon as I got off the phone with WWE I got right back on it and made a tons of calls to connections in LA, NY and FL. It time to move and I am and I'm excited about doing other things. Stay tuned to this crazy life I lead....

If Steph wanted to throw her newly promoted power around make some cuts to ECW, how about the likes of Layla, Kelly and Brooke ffs!!

I didn't think Scotty would be released, he seemed to be coming back onto our screen not so long ago....He's got to be one of the longest around WWE, along with Holly. Always was a fan since the Too Cool days :(

I wish they'd have let him worm Cena before he got fired, imagine the pop he'd get from the crowd

• Advertisement

I agree, get rid of Layla, she is absoutely useless. Also Trevor Murdoch from RAW, he has **** all talent and is just dragging Cade down with him!

For those wishing release on Kelly Kelly, then might as well take Maria with her, they're both as useful as the other. Tits & Ass and um, thats it.

VR!

Why would you get rid of Maria? She actually has presence and a personality about her. She is a good character and is easy on the eyes (which is always a plus). Her matches may be crap (improving slightly I might add), but I couldn't imagine RAW without her. If you haven't already guessed, I'm completely in love with her, lol!

As i pointed out in a thread beforehand, when i watch WWE, i wanna see something worthwhile. If i wanna watch a bimbo making a horses ass of herself, i'll watch Hope and Faith or Stacked.

VR!

a bimbo making a horses ass of herself

You sir are entering very dangerous waters, lol!

If you don't like Maria, thats your opinion and your entitled to it, but I don't think you can disagree that she does add to the show.

Also Trevor Murdoch from RAW, he has **** all talent and is just dragging Cade down with him!

I like Cade and Murdoch as a team. I think Murdoch is talented particularly on the mic and they're a good fit for each other right now.

• Advertisement

Minto wrote:
    You sir are entering very dangerous waters, lol!

If you don't like Maria, thats your opinion and your entitled to it, but I don't think you can disagree that she does add to the show.

Given her position as a commentator with no clue, a trained monkey could do her job in fairness.

VR!

Given her position as a commentator with no clue, a trained monkey could do her job in fairness.

VR!

I challenge you to get a monkey, train it and then we'll see. Her beauty draws guys to watch the WWE and her 'interviewer without a clue' gimmick provides a bit of comic relief. At the end of the day, you can't deny the fact that her gimmick works and she is one of the most popular divas on the roster (hence the secret sessions thing).

I couldn't give a rats ass mate to be honest, at the end of the day, i watch a wrestling show for wrestling, not a bimbo conducting interviews and acting like a spa. :)

VR!

at the end of the day, i watch a wrestling show for wrestling, not a bimbo conducting interviews and acting like a spa. :)

VR!

Then your watching the wrong company!

Also Trevor Murdoch from RAW, he has **** all talent and is just dragging Cade down with him!

I've got to disagree here too. Murdoch is very talented and he's a lot better on the mic than most guys in the company. Also, I read somewhere recently that WWE are advising people who want to get into the business to go to Harley Race's school. Harley trained Murdoch, and he's been the champ of the promotion Harley runs for the last 8 months

Just saw this a few minutes ago:
    WWE quietly released Beth Phoenix from her contract early last week. She was told that creative had nothing for her.

Behind the scenes, Stephanie McMahon, was never a fan of her. She felt as though that she didn't have the "WWE Diva look" due to her inherit bulkiness.

--WrestlingObserver

Another good female wrestler gone. With the Diva Search coming up soon, things aren't looking great for the women's division. Wrestling wise, I mean. :cool:

Oh for **** sake, She had more in ring talent than the entire female RAW roster, gets injured and then fired a year later.

Least she got SOME payoff :(
    VR!

Edit: Wait up, fired cos she was bulky? Maybe she'll fire Vicky Guerrero next, for all the good she's worth!

Don't worry guys, I read earlier on her MySpace that she wasn't fired. Here is the blog entry:
    My status with WWE....

I've gotten swamped with emails in regards to an internet rumour that I was released early this week....it is totally false. I am saddened at the news of the other WWE releases but even more that my name was brought into the mix. I've worked my whole life towards becoming a WWE Diva. The beautiful thing about the Divas is that they are strong, beautiful, and individual. I love my job with all my heart and I'm so very proud to have the opportunity to represent the company I've been in love with my entire life. Although I don't have to answer to or respond to the internet rumors that constantly come my way, I do owe the fans that have supported me over the past 7 years of my life. Yes I am still very much employed by WWE and working hard in OVW to one day return to WWE television and live my dream once again. Our business is all about patience and taking the good with the bad. If nothing else, you can be sure when you see Beth Phoenix, you will get 110% from me...everything in my heart.

All my love,

-Beth

So there ye have it.

Don't hold your breath missus. She's very good from what I've seen, I'm still trying to find that ladder match she had in OVW earlier in the year cos I heard it was very good. And she's the good kind of bulky

I think she'll be back on TV pretty soon, she had a lot of potential last year and suffered an injury at the worst time. And with all the injuries in the last year alone, make you wonder if WWE need to maybe, y'know, tone it down a notch? Their competition is pretty much minimal so is it really necessesary. TNA as well as it's developing, still isn't a major threat to the company just yet, and even Vince McMahon has acknowledged that.

So maybe save the energy for when they're gonna need it? Cos the only thing likely to put TNA out of business is if their backers pull out.

VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement