Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stock market software?

Options
  • 16-05-2007 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me are there any really successful stock market analysis software tools out there? I did a google and it turned up some hits but its all gobbledegook to me!

What features would be essential for such a tool? What theories exist to predict preformance?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭A Random Walk

slemons wrote:
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me are there any really successful stock market analysis software tools out there?
    Successful? No, otherwise everyone would be using it. There are lots that claim they are but then you have to ask yourself why the software author is trying to flog software rather than making millions on the stock market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

i mean successful as in sells well as opposed to making millions on the stock exchange by using it.
    surely software as an analysis tool would be very handy. trawling nasdaq.com can be very boring! if you had it all in front of you and well graphed it would surely be handy?
    I was just wondering what features would be useful or would just a graph of time vs price be all thats needed?

Advertisement