Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mainstream Intel Cpu lineup.

• 16-05-2007 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

This is the current, and planned mainstream intel cpu lineup.

Might be handy if anyone is looking to upgrade soon.

1179293282012fz4.png

*edit* Sorry for first link, I forgot 4chan dont like us using their bandwidth ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Quad core for $266. That is going to be sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Wow those prices are amazing, definitely thinking of upgrading now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

I'm pretty sure that those are the bulk prices that retailers will be paying for them.they will be a bit more expensive than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm pretty sure that those are the bulk prices that retailers will be paying for them.they will be a bit more expensive than that.

Awww :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Nope. Retail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Hmmm not bad at all, maybe I should have went with an Intel board when I built my PC :(

Those prices never translate directly over to us, look at the full price list http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=5086
    If you look at the current stated price on that list of an E6700 it says $316.
    We in europe pay around 300 euro for for that processor. thats around a 35% difference. Again i'm pretty sure that the current prices given on the list are unit price per thousand units. So i can only assume that the predicted prices are in the same format. The price cuts are still pretty drastic and of course i welcome them but you will be paying a little more than those prices here. Thats all i'm sayin. It's still great still big drop in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You could well be right, but from the links i have seen on 4chan, they seem to be genuine.

Oh i'm not argueing there validity at all. It would seem to fall nicely in line with Intels recent strategies. You know the plan to crush AMD at all costs lol. I have no doubt that there will be price cuts. Just making sure we know what we're lookin at here or at least look at it objectively. All the early predicted price lists released that i've seen over that last year turn out to be the bulk prices. You have to hail intel though for there consistent delivery of quality to there customers. They continue to drive prices down and quality and performance up even though they already dominate there only competitor. Maybe they know something about AMD and are worried? I wish Nvidia would take a leaf out of intels book. I dont think there has been a major price cut in what, 6 months at least? And i doubt there will be unless ATI/AMD pull there socks up.

Also V!alli, if you bought AMD in the last 10 months, silly you. Other than that though you didnt do bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

its usally just a change in $ to euro signs over here were gettin robbed on our strong currence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement