Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo 3 release date announced

• 16-05-2007 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

So gamespot announced it will be released on the 26t of September for Europe and the 25th for US and Aussie.

LINK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I might even buy the Legendary edition...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

They announce the realese, the day of the beta BEGINING? so they already know the beta is fine, and just needs a few tweaks, no need for BETA feedback :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Mr. K wrote:
    I might even buy the Legendary edition...
    I was thinking that myself, as it is going to be the end of this 'story arc' according to Bungie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

They announce the realese, the day of the beta BEGINING? so they already know the beta is fine, and just needs a few tweaks, no need for BETA feedback :rolleyes:
    Obviously they are confident they have no major problems and are just stress testing net code/weapon balance. Remember the closed beta has been running worldwide for a few months now.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Obviously they are confident they have no major problems and are just stress testing net code/weapon balance. Remember the closed beta has been running worldwide for a few months now.

Still think it defeats the purpose of the public BETA. There basically just using it as a demo so players can get a taste and go out and buy it on launch day. Pretty bad form tbh.Other than testing how it netowks on LIVE, and any bugs, I dont think they should have set an actual launch day yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Still think it defeats the purpose of the public BETA. There basically just using it as a demo so players can get a taste and go out and buy it on launch day. Pretty bad form tbh.
    Yeah, those bastards :confused:

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Yeah, those bastards :confused:

Dont think you can see my reasoning. I dont want a buggy game on launch. That's all. Also dont want them to make it ****e like h2 was. Lets pretend there are huge problems discovered in the beta (Im sure there wont be, but really dont see the point in a public beta and they have already decided when the game will be ready to ship?:confused:), and they dont have time to fix them, launch the game 26th september, and we have to wait for patches etc.. That would be ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Why wouldn't they have time to fix it? Unless they're not done with the singleplayer yet, they still have a good while before the game is released. They have done beta testing, they know what to expect, any feedback they get now will in all likelihood be nothing major, and won't take that long to fix. It's not like they announced it's being released next month.

koneko wrote:
    Why wouldn't they have time to fix it? Unless they're not done with the singleplayer yet, they still have a good while before the game is released. They have done beta testing, they know what to expect, any feedback they get now will in all likelihood be nothing major, and won't take that long to fix. It's not like they announced it's being released next month.

Guess your right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dont think you can see my reasoning. I dont want a buggy game on launch. That's all. Also dont want them to make it ****e like h2 was. Lets pretend there are huge problems discovered in the beta (Im sure there wont be, but really dont see the point in a public beta and they have already decided when the game will be ready to ship?:confused:), and they dont have time to fix them, launch the game 26th september, and we have to wait for patches etc.. That would be ****e.

We see you're reasonsing.

You're Irish and want to moan and groan about something.

Any _HUGE_ problems would more than likley have been ironed out during the closed BETA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Best.Homecoming Present.EVAR! :D

Also, Grumpy, it's quite easy to alter things to do with balance in a well programmed game, and I'm pretty sure Bungie know something about programming games. If the beta does reveal any massive game breaking issues, they will have time to fix them (it has not gone gold, just a date has been set) but the main purpose of the beta in this case would be stress-testing and working out balance permutations that are impossible to discover without a sufficient number of people.

Advertisement