Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

window for concrete shed

Options
  • 16-05-2007 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for a window for the shed in my garden. PVC is preferable, but wood will do the job just as well. Size is approx 5' wide by 4' tall.
    I've tried ringing the obvious window suppliers, but they tell me that their prices will be too much for what I'm looking for, I also tried a few numbers from the sticky in this forum but am having no joy.
    has anybody any suggestions? I'm living in Westmeath but can collect from anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Contact a local window installer, they usually have to dispose of the old windows so you taking one that suits won't bother him. Throw him 50 euro and he'll probably deliver it.
    I had my windows done 2 weeks ago unfortunately so can't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

agree with eoghan there,

call a window company, as they often have windows returned that were made too small or big, got a few before from munster joinery based in cork.... i presume other comp's would have the same sort of returns..... try buy and sell or if there is a free adds paper near you, have seen all sorts for sale in the free adds sections of papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I faced a similar problem ..... I didn't need a perfect see through window ..... just something to let in the light so I Made up a 8ft by 3ft wooden frame and onto this attached 3 hinges at the top ..... then I screwed an 8ft x 3ft sheet of corrugated clear roof sheeting (the best quality - almost unbreakable) onto the frame ....... added a simple device to hold it open (at the bottom) or lock it in the closed position ..... that's it ....

photo of a second window (permanently closed version) is shown below .... all for the cost of a couple of roofing sheets .... :)

dsc00009mr2.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Hello Lynfo,

I could help you out with the window but it would be in or around the €150 mark. How does that sound to you? Am in Limerick but cant deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

im fairly sure i seen a window in the free section of the adverts here on boards, have a look nice bargain maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

Also looking for a window for shed:D

if anybody has one let me know

anything close to 900 by 1100

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Mellor wrote:
    im fairly sure i seen a window in the free section of the adverts here on boards, have a look nice bargain maybe
    Yeah, it's here ...

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=24160

.. maybe a bit on the big side though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Advertisement