Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voting on the 24th

Options
  • 16-05-2007 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

People

I called WCC yesterday to confirm where we need to vote next Thursday and was told Charlesland sport centre,

Can anyone confirm they are referring to Jackie Skellys?

Also hope everyone on the boards will be utilizing there votes on the 24th as us Charleslanders will be making quite a difference this time round, must say I have only had one candidate at my door so far and that was the Greens.

Very unimpressed by the options!!

Posh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

No think they mean the centre beside the running track, just past Jackies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The sport center is behind Jackie Skelly's.

Any more opinions in relation to the candidates should be posted in the General Election 2007 forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

OK thanks guys,

Mike even if I am referring to candidates canvassing in the Charlesland area surly that’s relative for our Charlesland and Greystones forum.

Regards

Posh

Up to now, the mods have taken the policy here that any topics relating to the election are more appropriate to that forum.

Not changing it now.

The mods in Politics acutally have an interest in moderating political arguements (it's the masochistic streak). We don't.

Mike

The election 07 forum is very broad and over crowded for discussing Co Wicklow issues and really only useful for discussions on a national level.

Can we not accommodate a local element to this forum catering for local politics which will also include Wicklow country council?

The majority of open threads on this page is related to politics at some level anyway.

I’m sure we’re all mature enough to discuss local politics sensibly; surly the sharing of information can only help on a informative level.

Regards

Posh
    :confused:

• Advertisement

If you don't want to post on the GE07 forum and want to discuss Wicklow candidates, I suggest you post in the East forum. That would be the more appropriate forum for Co. Wicklow issues. This one is to cater for the greater Greystones area.

Previous experiences moderating this forum lead me to believe it's not impossible to have a sensible political debate, but it's highly improbable. :)

Neither myself or Eoin will be swayed on this one!

Mike

Fair enough, thanks for the calefaction anyway.

Regards

Posh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Mr Posh wrote:
    Mike

Fair enough, thanks for the calefaction anyway.

Regards

Posh

What's the "Cale Faction"? Is that a political group ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Mr Posh wrote:
    I’m sure we’re all mature enough to discuss local politics sensibly; :confused:

Eh!...I'm not!:)

That was meant to be Clarification :0)

Oh No I must have caught the same thing Evelyn Cawley’s got!!

Even political hopefuls make spelling mistakes hey.

Posh

• Advertisement

Mr Posh wrote:
    That was meant to be Clarification :0)

Oh No I must have caught the same thing Evelyn Cawley’s got!!

Even political hopefuls make spelling mistakes hey.

Posh

Yeah but not as many as you ;):D

O dear LOL!!

Mike it appears you have been proved correct think I over estimate the maturity level on here!

Mr Posh wrote:
    O dear LOL!!

Mike it appears you have been proved correct think I over estimate the maturity level on here!

and of literacy :confused:
    Mr Posh wrote:
    Eoin

I think Slick was being Sarcatiec!! you snip his post but not

"ok listen if people are gonna leave there cars unlokced they deserve toi have there cars broken into and its a bit obvious that there are scumbags about because if you go up past jackie skelly's there are Travellers up there so dont be so niave and lock ur goddamn cars"

But suggestion that travellers nick cars is ok!!!!

Posh

Marcais,

no need to slag off keyboard skills (or lack thereof). You're skating on thin ice as it is without getting into a flame war over typos.

Thread locked. The OP's question was answered ages ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement