Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF to gain in South Kerry?

Options
  • 16-05-2007 11:48am

...apparently the latest Kerryman poll gives the following:-

John O'Donoghue (FF) - 33%.
    Tom Fleming (FF) - 14%
    Breda Moynihan Cronin (Lab) - 13%
    Seamus Cosai Fitzgerald (FG) - 13%
    Jackie Healy Rae (Ind) - 13%
    Tom Sheehan (FG) - 9%
    Sinn Fein - 3%
    Green - 2%

Would be a pretty remarkable coup if FF managed to win a second seat in the face of national trends, but the above suggests that FF might take 2 and FG retake a seat they have not held for many years, at the expense of Jackie Healy Rae and Labour. Also surprised that it suggests that Fitzgerald might take the FG seat, and not Sheehan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

No way is this realistic....Healy Rae seems very high there and I would definitely put my money on Sheehan rather than Fitzgerald to take a seat for FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well there aren't any national trends yet unless you know something we don't;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

athtrasna wrote:
    No way is this realistic....Healy Rae seems very high there and I would definitely put my money on Sheehan rather than Fitzgerald to take a seat for FG.

I've read before that Healy-Rae drives a banger at canvassing time to give impression of being poor but when there is no election, he promptly hops back in to his luxurious car and of course claiming mad dail related expenses.

The vibe was that the electorate down there were not fooled!

Apparently, anyone in south kerry(conor maybe), have witnessed this?

gurramok wrote:
    Apparently, anyone in south kerry(conor maybe), have witnessed this?

Oh yeah. Some 10 year old red mondeo or something on the canvass. And they have made a virtue of this on Radio Kerry!

Advertisement