Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows start up problems

• 16-05-2007 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Been told at home my computer wont load up any more, which is never good!

apparently the first time it happened it said windows was missing a file, and now it doesnt even say that it just loads a black screen. Is there much chance ill be able to repair this with the windows cd? or is completely wrecked? i know my description is very vague, but i havent actually seen it, just been told about it!
    Its not a year old so i doubt its a hardware problem(could be though!)

If it has calved for good, when i was installing windows i made a 10gb partition just for windows so if i do reinstall windows how will that affect my other drives? Presumably my e: and f: drive will be left alone? And how about my games and programs (installed on the E: drive) will they still work with a new copy of windows, im kinda refering to the fact my registries will probably be wiped with the C: drive.

Cheers in advance for any help you can give

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hey,

Been told at home my computer wont load up any more, which is never good!

apparently the first time it happened it said windows was missing a file, and now it doesnt even say that it just loads a black screen. Is there much chance ill be able to repair this with the windows cd? or is completely wrecked? i know my description is very vague, but i havent actually seen it, just been told about it!
    Its not a year old so i doubt its a hardware problem(could be though!)

If it has calved for good, when i was installing windows i made a 10gb partition just for windows so if i do reinstall windows how will that affect my other drives? Presumably my e: and f: drive will be left alone? And how about my games and programs (installed on the E: drive) will they still work with a new copy of windows, im kinda refering to the fact my registries will probably be wiped with the C: drive.

Cheers in advance for any help you can give

All the data on the partitions other then "C" & on any other drives you may have installed will be fine, programs & games however will need to be reinstalled if you do a reinstall of Windows.

You should try to boot from the Windows disc & do a repair first, before wiping the system.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement