Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First DX10 Benchmark

• 16-05-2007 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/505/1/

The game has veeb developed with nvidia, so it was obvious that it would win the benchmark, but the ati seems to put in a terrible performance to be honest. Hopefully new drivers can sort this out for ati. Or they are going to be in serious trouble.

And also: Call of jurez benchmark

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/504/1/

This is a game developed with Ati/Amd. And Obviously the Ati card will win. But at the lower resolutions. the 8800gtx actually has a higher fps.

IT will be interesting to see how everything works out with new drivers from both companys.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

A big F+ for ATI....

I doubt new drivers from ati will triple performance in Lost Planet, and in Call of Juarez (ati optimised game) the 8800 keeps up no problem...

the 8800 is still top of my shopping list :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The die-shrink of R600 will make you change your mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

a bit bs tbqh , gtx vs 2900, it even says that its not an ati vs nvidia comparison , 2900 just had driver issues and was beating the nvidea on call of juarez

oh noes at smaller res the 200 euros more gpu beats the 2900 by 3fps?! 200 euro well spent, , i wanna see benchmarks on unbiased games when ati have then chance to get decent drivers out

SyxPak wrote:
    The die-shrink of R600 will make you change your mind.

Probably, They cant clock them any higher atm because they're way too hot as it is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

as it is cores can clock to 850MHz+
    the memory clocks to near 2000Mhz too :D

• Advertisement

Pffft, Back in 2005 my old X1800XT was hitting 1600mhz memory clocks..

Kids these days..

:D

Advertisement