Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Forum Posts on Homepage - times

Options
  • 16-05-2007 12:23pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Either they are an hour behind or else every clock near me and the actual post times on boards is an hour fast - Im not sure which.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,425 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote:
    Either they are an hour behind or else every clock near me and the actual post times on boards is an hour fast - Im not sure which.

LOL, noticed that as well. Could be related to boards.ie being down for about an hour this morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Its been that way since the daylight savings time change. We've had a few threads on it already.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah it has been like this for months and months. I noticed it ages back but decided not to start a thread on it as I presumed it was just some user setting I had set wrong. Couldnt find where to change it though. Not that I looked exhaustively or anything.... google isnt my friend anymore.
    Picture of a cat anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

cat2673.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Aidan - the cat clock is way out. The hand pattern is similar to the current time but the hands are the wrong way around. Its ten to two not ten past ten! :D

edit - its five to two now so Im talking crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I find the front page times are like the weather.
    They are fine one day, and changable the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The explanation is the the forum uses GMT - during the summer most people think that GMT goes forward - in fact it remains idle. During the summer we use BST/IST (Irish Summer Time) which is GMT+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

STP - Standard Pale Time, everone knows the pale is an hour ahead of everyone else.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

sdonn_1 wrote:
    The explanation is the the forum uses GMT - during the summer most people think that GMT goes forward - in fact it remains idle. During the summer we use BST/IST (Irish Summer Time) which is GMT+1.

hmmm, this doesn't seem right, why does only the front page use GMT and the rest of the forum use GMT+1 (ie the correct time)?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What day is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

cson wrote:
    STP - Standard Pale Time, everone knows the pale is an hour ahead of everyone else.

So is it STP or SPT?

Advertisement