Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 customer 'care' again - phone replacement problems!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I send them an e-mail (as suggested above) and I was told that there is no replacement handset.

Now the T&C and their own webpage says different, but as they refuse to stick to what they write, there is nothing I can do directly with them.

I have complained to the NCA but I don't think that is going to help.

But at least their refusal to stick to the T&C allows me to cancel my contract with only 30 days notice (that is going to be the next fight than), so I'm hunting now for a new mobile phone provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

If your handset develops a fault during normal use, we aim to deliver a replacement handset within 24 hours to wherever you are (e.g. at work). This service is available within specified areas, for calls before 2pm on work days. Applies for the first 12 months. See below for full details.

Can't get much clearer than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Can't get much clearer than that.
    the specified area is within 15 miles of dublin afaik. could be wrong though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

the specified area is within 15 miles of dublin afaik. could be wrong though

People outside thats area dont need phones do they? sounds like a good policy to me.

According to the T&C it's "within the Dublin, Cork, Limerick or surrounding areas".

However again, the T&C and the webpage state it but both the call center in India and the e-mail customer service people state that such T&C or services do not exist.

• Advertisement

That just refers to "within 24 hours". So if you live outside, while you will still get a replacement, you might have to wait an extra working day or three. :D

That just refers to "within 24 hours". So if you live outside, while you will still get a replacement, you might have to wait an extra working day or three. :D

Nope you won't because 3 does not do replacement handsets as per Contact Center and Escalation Management. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Well a contact works both ways. If they're in breech of their own T&Cs the contract is either null and void (and you can just return the handset and cease it) or, you can force them to comply with it.

3 just called and told me that they can book my phone for repair but there will be NO replacement handset.

The explanation she has is, that if I send my phone in 3 times for repair than I will get a replacement handset.

She says that what ever I read into the T&C is wrong.

Well, a.) COMREG (but than again usualy COMREG is a waist of space b.) CPA (let's see if they are real about using their power) and c.) SMall Claims Court for the trouble they have caused me.

Now if I just could choose between O2 and Vodafone for my replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

She says that what ever I read into the T&C is wrong.

I think she'll find she is wrong. Go to Comreg anyway, any other bodies you can think of too. Complaining can only help in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

So my 6 month old handset (K800i) decided to do what the most of them do, switch of constantly despite saying its fully charged.

Call 1 to india ends up nowhere.
    Visit to 3 center ends up getting told to call 3
    Call 2 to india ends in them denying that they offer replacement handsets (despite the clear statement on the webpage and the T&C to which I signed up).
    Call 3 to india ends up with talking to a "supervisor" which clearly was just the next agents sitting next to her. Again going nowhere (we don't do replacement...). It ended in them promissing someone from their Upper Management calling me back within 2 business days.

Well time again to contact to the 3 Executive office.....

I'm going to go to a different provider as soon as possible.

i left these clowns a good while ago.. due to technical issues that 3 were unable to sort out ...was the worst network i ever had dealings with..had to wait ages for an unlock code, multiple text issue.... im glad im no longer a customer of three! their services are really ****e.

You could always go to Sony Ericsson directly. Although it's a joke, if 3 insist on selling you phones and not letting you buy your own phone, they ought to help when it breaks as well. After all, if it is a legitimate fault, it should not cost them a lot to repair or replace it anyway.

If you dropped it or drove your car over it by accident, of course, I have no sympathy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FINSmallFRY

hi solair,
    i'm a new 3 customer but on pre pay.i only bought my handset about two months ago.i recieved my first ten euro that you get when you turn your phone on.grand! then as you do, you have to top up within that month again of a min of 10 Euro for u to get your next 'free' ten euro (rediculous havin to do this as you paid for the phone in first place, yada yada).anyway,i have topped up over 50 euro since buyin the phone (as i talk alot),howevr, i still haven't recieved my next free call credit. so went into a 3 store in Limerick, whom were ever so helpful (shock horror) and explained my situation. they phoned 333(or blah blah blah) and put me over to them.so i spoke to an indian chap also.(suprise suprise) he told me that i did get my ten euro plus my free ten euro aswel for porting over. hang on, another free ten euro when u port plus the first ten euro when u get your phone? that makes 20Euro yes? i wasn't informed about that and certaintly did not recieve 20 quid in credit then. anyway, he tried to assure me that it did all go in because he was looking at it on his 'computer system'. so he gave me the following dates of my so called next 'free' call credit.
    there flippin useless. shouldn't have moved from vodafone.

Advertisement