Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo 3 Beta Crackdown Download Delayed

• 16-05-2007 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Well folks, what a surprise! It seems that Bungie and MS just cannot get their act together, and the download has been delayed. No word on how long.

My "Download Halo 3 Beta" is grayed out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Was there really a need for a new thread?

But yeah, WTF!? Why the hell isnt it up!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Slurms wrote:
    Was there really a need for a new thread?

But yeah, WTF!? Why the hell isnt it up!?

Didnt see one announcing this,

Fcuking joke to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

5pm is the time on Major Nelons site before it crashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Jaysus - I really shouldnt let myself get so hyped up about this **** :rolleyes:

People are going mental over on the Bungie Forums. Jesus guys, it's just a game. And they didnt have to do this. People are idiots!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

I guess people have just been hyped to the max and are in a state of frenzied anticipation :p

chrislad wrote:
    5pm is the time on Major Nelons site before it crashed.

Ignore this. That's a hoax. It'll be up once they fix the issue with Crackdown. No time given. Meh, I can wait. Only reason I was up was so I could start the download and go out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

chrislad wrote:
    Ignore this. That's a hoax. It'll be up once they fix the issue with Crackdown. No time given. Meh, I can wait. Only reason I was up was so I could start the download and go out.

Jesus man thats one hell of a gamerscore you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I guess it will be a couple of hours before it's up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Am i right in thinking that Halo 3 beta can't be downloaded in the background or on stand by?

• Advertisement

Well because it seems the d/l will take place in the crackdown menu i don't think you will be able to background it

I'm grabbing the POTC At Worlds End demo to stave off boredom :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

WellyJ wrote:
    I'm grabbing the POTC At Worlds End demo to stave off boredom :rolleyes:

You must be really bored :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Everyone check their PM inboxes on Bungie Site -

Even though i already have the beta, there was a message there from the 11th with a code to enter to get it early, I didnt even know it was there, just gave it to my friend who's taken a day off work today and tomorrow just to play!

Halo heads = Hardocore so we are

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Vegeta wrote:
    You must be really bored :p

Really really really bored... Was playing it this morn.. Controls are bloody annoying, good likeness to the characters tho... but to easy n annoying..

That area 51 game(cant remember the name) is worth a download... way too short for a demo tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Fieldog wrote:
    Everyone check their PM inboxes on Bungie Site -

Even though i already have the beta, there was a message there from the 11th with a code to enter to get it early, I didnt even know it was there, just gave it to my friend who's taken a day off work today and tomorrow just to play!

Halo heads = Hardocore so we are

:D

In fairness, your friend takes the p!ss! :D

Thought I was bad sitting in front of my 360 at home eating lunch today while on my lunch break, even though I normally go home for lunch anyway. I just don't normally spend my break staring at the fcuking Crackdown menu! :D

At least this delay might actually allow me to play Crackdown, which I grabbed in the Play Asia special offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moussdog

Should be ready by the time I'm finished work.

Meanwhile I'm amusing myself by reading Bungie forums where there are 2 guys arguing over the theory of evolution. Not very well might I add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The bungie forums is deffo worth a read... They're nuts!!
    Posted by: henesy wanksta
    the whole reason i bought that crappy crackdown game was so that i could play halo 3. and now yet again bungie has -blam!- me over!!!! im and -blam!- pissed. this happend when the new maps came out! next thing u kno u wont b able to download it until a week from today. If bungie had problems like this with the maps y didnt the prepare better? they knew what the were gettin them selfs into. Watch halo 3's release date with have problems too. im sick and tired of this -blam!- happenin over and over all bungie is, is a bunch of low down croocks, that build ur hopes up and the dash them across the rocks because the dont give a -blam!- about the fans. they could care less. all we r to them is just a bigger profit margian. i think im goin back to walmart and exchanging my 360 elite for store credit so i can buy a PS3. because maybe there i will b treated diffrently. maybe there they might treat me like a real person and not some profit margain!!! I bid u adue 360 and bungie ... u hanvent herd the last from me.

If I worked for bungie i'd be afraid....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Mine will be ready to play when I get home, friends and family codes ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

unklerosco wrote:
    The bungie forums is deffo worth a read... They're nuts!!

If I worked for bungie i'd be afraid....

If I worked in walmart I'd be more scared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I consider myself patient, but this is taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

My god, talk about getting your knickers in a twist, hissy fit bitching fest

I'd love if they didn't release it at all now. They owe us nothing.

I'm not a fan of the series to be honest anyway but was looking forward to playing this BETA but I'll get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Vegeta wrote:
    My god, talk about getting your knickers in a twist, hissy fit bitching fest

I'd love if they didn't release it at all now. They owe us nothing.

I'm not a fan of the series to be honest anyway but was looking forward to playing this BETA but I'll get over it.

Was reading through some of the beta forums it's scary to think that some of the posters could actually work near you, or you might be sitting beside them on a bus one day....scary scary scary individual's

I didn't realise people's lives were built around one single game amazing...and scary at the same time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,704 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just checked my friends list and Crackdowns been really popular for the last 5 hours ;).

This whole incident reminds me of Half Life 2 day. Oh Steam, how I deplore thee.

Could be 24 more hours!

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=8740

Can the world survive? Computer says no. Or at least it would if it was working. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Just checked my friends list and Crackdowns been really popular for the last 5 hours ;).

This whole incident reminds me of Half Life 2 day. Oh Steam, how I deplore thee.
    You proabably saw me there since feckin 12 I know steam got a fair bit of skittin with the whole 2001 release date for half life 2 but this is takin the piss

Bungie's lack of an announcement other than "We know there's a problem" is annoying me! I mean it's been 5 hours, surely there should be a bit more information let out by now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Come on though, who didn't see this coming? 700,000 people all downloading a 1gb file from Microsofts servers at the same time? It was always going to be a screw up one way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Come on though, who didn't see this coming? 700,000 people all downloading a 1gb file from Microsofts servers at the same time? It was always going to be a screw up one way or another.
    Is nothing to do with bandwidth though, no one with crackdown ever got the chance to download it.

• Advertisement

But that's not what has happened. People aren't able to download the BETA at all through Crackdown. By accounts I've heard Rule of 3 and F&F downloads are going quite quick.

Advertisement