Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo 3 Beta Crackdown Download Delayed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 PattonJ

Did u see how much the game download is on xbox .com mad money :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Did anyone else get that update on crackdown today?? Maybe that had something to do with it...

Edit: Heres one answer... http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=10879046 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Good fun, taking a break now, hungry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i downloaded the beta via the F+F invite in around 10 mins today .

although most people bought crackdown or picked it up in the last week or so just for the beta so you can understand people getting pissed about the delay after waiting so long.

Hmmmm... I wonder howmany people have bought crackdown in the last week and have spent the day sitting in the menu n still not played it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Heh, everyone's gamertag has Crackdown as the last played game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Cracidown just updated after I loaded it up for the first time in 30mins, so I thought ****!! the beta must be working now, they patched it. But I was wrong :mad: Why would craicdown update now? WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT TO ME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The game was patched this morning. Did you get that one aswell?

Ciaran500 wrote:
    The game was patched this morning. Did you get that one aswell?

I got that one too.

I have been playing crackdown all day, follwed by breaks for graw2, and shivering Isles, so theres no way I missed the update this morning, I got two crackdwon updates today.

Have started Crackdown twice during the day and just now I only got the one update first thing this morning. :confused:

No one else reported it on other forums either

• Advertisement

Well I got one this morning when I started playing, and another one when I loaded it up again after I had been playing graw, and then idle for a while in the dash. graw2 updated aswel, but thats of little importance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Listen, arseface, just because XBL had a little issue with the download doesn't mean you should go around calling Bungie noobs. The BETA is phenomonal, and its not their fault that you didn't get it. So either be patient, or curl up with a water bottle watching Dirt Dancing or whatever it is you do on that time of the month, and stop complaining. If you are going to be so immature that you insist on these petty insult EVERY POST, then don't bother playing the BETA, because I don't want people like you in the game. Go buy a PS3

Shudder....

I know, there was a great post where some guy gave out cause he didn't go into school n he had a load of homework to to do but didn't get it done cause he was waiting for the beta.. "Thanks Bungie"

Now, i know its been said many times before.. The yanks are mad...

Mind u, there is some very humorous threads

Blame Canada
    http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=10879238

Compensation.?.(theres a few of these)
    http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=10883781

They're MAD!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Jaysus, its not the good that you all need to sit in the Crackdown menu all day :D
    Plus its buggy, lots of problems joining games when invited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Well I hope none of you get it cos I'm working nightshift ;P

I've been reading those posts on bungie's forums, there are some really strange individuals in the US.

I think I'll be muting everyone when I eventually get the beta, I do not want to hear idiot american school kids shouting their heads off. Maybe they should have an age ranking system :)

If you get it tonight enjoy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Well the new mute feature is meant to be sweet so I guess I'll be using that alot. Hate hearing the american kids! "OMG0RZZZ, I just Headshotted you.... in the head!!"

Grrrrrr.

Slurms wrote:
    Well the new mute feature is meant to be sweet so I guess I'll be using that alot. Hate hearing the american kids! "OMG0RZZZ, I just Headshotted you.... in the head!!"

Grrrrrr.
    You can already do that with every game from the in game xbox menu.

Yeah, you bring up the list (Back), select the person and press. Couldn't be easier, really. Muting people isn't new but this makes it much much easier.

Everyone's been really well behaved so far but as some have said, that'll probably change when it's open beta :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

My God! None of the Americans can spell. It hurts to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

from a poster on the bungie board
    i faked bein sick. told my boss my wife was sick and my daughter was cryin the whole night. i was up at 4am this mornin waiting for an hour for the beta release. i thought i would be the first on my friends list to get it. Boy was i SORELY mistaken.

24.gif

what an idiot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I actually was playing crackdown :p

kdjac

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Im having too much fun playing Crackdown, not really fussed about this demo tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

yeah, crackdown is surprisingly fun. mightnt have the longevity but tis grand for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

downloading it now, should have it by the morning, it's going pretty slow, all though I suppose it is 911MB and everyone in the world is downloading it.

3% as of 7.43 this morning. Im in work at 10 anyway, so I wont be playing it till after 9! (assuming it doesnt take an age to download) loads of me bollix.

This is flying for me, on 92% in just over 20 min :D

mines going a percentage a minute, on a 3mb line, with a strict NAT. :rolleyes:

If a few boardsies are getting a game together later, feel free to invite me too if I'm online :)

GT: psychokitten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Id be up for a few games too, my blessed battle rifle is back, anyone want a game add me, MoronicMaximus.

GrumPy how didnt you get a F+F invite???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Downloading it now. Guess all the Americans have it already cos this is flying along!

Again, any boardsies want a game you know who to ask! Slurms McK

oh and fair play to Nungie adding an extra 4 days to the Beta. they didnt have to but they did! Well done lads!

Advertisement