Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo 3 Beta Crackdown Download Delayed

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Downloaded for me in bout 20 mins. Ill be round later and up for a few games

GT colmise

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

downloading now and its flying along, 42% done after 10 minutes.. not bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Timmy

Went back and played Halo 2 start to finish last week just for practice!!

DEAR GOD IF I DONT GET HOME SOON TO PLAY I'M GOING POSTAL!!!!

Gamertag below....BRING IT OONNN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Psh, still dont get the big hype about halo, its good an all but... meh, I'll give you guys a game later tho, add me if you want. Some sad american actually did that thing where when they kill you they run over and give your body a quick hump, lol, sad

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

i'll be around for a few games later on as well...

gt under glass

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just pld a few games there and becoz its a beta it is rough lookin in places and hte maps dont appear to be full maps but more like sections of a map but the main thing is that what ive played so far is so much fun and shows alot of promise. I loved that map where there is a huge outdoor foresty/rocky area and everyone snipes... great fun:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Gonzo wrote:
    just pld a few games there and becoz its a beta it is rough lookin in places and hte maps dont appear to be full maps but more like sections of a map but the main thing is that what ive played so far is so much fun and shows alot of promise. I loved that map where there is a huge outdoor foresty/rocky area and everyone snipes... great fun:)

what's the graphics like? in general

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

ntlbell wrote:
    what's the graphics like? in general

In a word... disappointing

the graphics are slightly better than Halo 2, not much tho but it still looks good. Im playin it at 720p and there is still alot of jaggies in it but im sure it will be looking better when the full game comes out. Certainly the graphics are nowhere near the standard of Gears Of War Mulitplayer or Crackdown etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

I was playing using component cables and the graphics didnt really look the best. So i changed to VGA and they looks alot better. Alot smoother than component anyway.

Im gonna cry when the BETA finishes, its that good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The gfx remind me of Far Cry on the PC.....

Anyways, played it... have no idea what im doing.. Anyone care to shed some light as to how this game is played. I got lost in the menus n ended up watching a vid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'm not expecting the graphics to be great, as it is beta, but also because it is multiplayer - if the games are going to allow a lot of peolpe playing at one time, the graphics ni multi will be worse thn single player anyway, to keep lag down to a minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Your kidding yourself if you think the graphics will be any great improvement on the beta.

GFX in gow multiplayer are as good as the single player....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Still a bit glitchy. I've been meleed by a couple of people outside of the normal beat down range. Kinda sucks but this is what the Beta is for! Shotty Snipers is getting on my nerves though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It's good, classic Halo action!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

well after 1 game i cant seem toconnect anymore. Cant find any games to connect to. The looby screen says there are only 159 games anf 970 gamers online...

restarted crackdown and now it says:
    GAME OVER
    The Halo 3 Public beta is either currently unavaliable or has expired........
    46.gif

well the 1 game i had didnt impress me too much. Clasic halo action with a bit better graphics. would longer than 1 game to impress me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I think there's just a problem with it. I don't think its ended yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Scruff wrote:
    GAME OVER
    The Halo 3 Public beta is either currently unavailable or has expired........

Same here. Just spent ages waiting for the download to finish and that's all I got. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ya tis busted. Had a good few games earlier but havent been able to connect for about half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Two possible solutions; the choice is yours.

Then again, I dunno if they work atm, having not played the beta at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Anyone else completely under whelmed by this beta demo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

in a way, but only cause i can't really enjoy it, given that i truly suck at FPS titles. I find dying every 15 seconds, and killing your own team cause you forgot you were part of the red team (oooooooooooooooopppppppppppssssssssss) reduce the ability to enjoy a title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

No offence to anyone but I think theres been way too much hype over this release, and as such people are feeling let down because of it. I do love the halo series but I honestly don't think theres anything amazing about them. I found the games slightly samey throughout and theres not any incredibally dynamic gameplay just your bog standard FPS. Given a lot of this hype may be toward the onlnie content but from what I've been hearing this appears to be somewhat of a letdown also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Multiplayer is always more fun when its your mates you're playing and not some ranked match with a kid prodigy who runs from spawn to spawn killing newcomers to the game.

Always more fun when you know your team mates and opponents.

Is shotty sniper the only bloody weapon combo available in the Beta. Its the worst possible way to displsy the game, bang bang you're dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Timmy

Loved it but would agree with the general average rating its getting for fx. Still can't wait for the full launch though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

beta is good but having a bit of trouble finding matches, probably due to my noob ranking. gamertag is infernaljebus if anyone is on for a few games later.

It aint for me... Played it a few times n just dont like it.. Back to GOW...

To me its funny, Crackdown i easily one of the best games on the 360.. So many people bought it just to download the beta n in a way its been a let down. I wonder how many people have crackdown n still havent played it.?.?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same here, I've never really liked Halo MP games, I just play Halo for the single player experience.

I got Crackdown because I liked the demo. I am actually suprised by how much I play Crackdown, I don't usually go for the action junkie type games and tend to go for more realistic style games. Crackdown is actually a very fun blast with no worries of dying and messing objectives up because there is none, so in that way the game is a breath of fresh air.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I personally love the beta and can't wait for the full release. I love how Bungie record absolutely everything. Major Nelson is actually very good.

Advertisement