Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

daisy chain

Options
  • 16-05-2007 1:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭

Im trying to figure how to daisy chain a wireless connection im recieving through my long range wiress antenna and send it out of my other wirless Nic so my housemate can access the internet, anyone any clue ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Im trying to figure how to daisy chain a wireless connection im recieving through my long range wiress antenna and send it out of my other wirless Nic so my housemate can access the internet, anyone any clue ?

Thanks

A little bit more info plz. Do you have a wireless connection on the roof connecting to your PC via an ethernet cable? And you now want to share this with your mate?

If so, you could do a couple of things. The easiest thing is to buy a Wireless router and plug the Wireless Boradband cable into this. You can then plug your PC directly into this and your mate can connect to it wirelessly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

Eh i have a long range reciever connected to my pc via usb and it is recieving a signal from a router some distance away... the person i live with has a laptop but is not able to see the distant access point so i want to allow him to connect to the access point via a second wirless Nic i have in my Pc so he can access the internet... and cant seem to figure it out???

Advertisement