Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Nice in Nice France what to do?

Options
  • 16-05-2007 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭

In Nice next weekend and heading to the Monaco Grand Prix

Staying in the
    Hotel Regence

Got good reviews so seems ok

Anywho looking for tips on restaurants and bars to go to

Heard that Waynes is a good bar, wont add a link as some 18+ pictures on it

Going to the Grand Prix on the Sun and maybe do a day trip to Cannes

Anywhere else to go or day trips to do or vineyards to see
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Not a bad location at all! Nice find. Close to everything, some decent shops and bars on that street.

Have a look at the Villa in Nice link in my sig for ideas for things to do.

My favourite bar (for sitting outside) is Les 3 Diables on the Cours Selaya. Get a giraffe of beer and watch the world go by.

Ma Nolan's is the pick of the Irish bars and two doors from there is La Voglia, a superb Italian Restaurant.

On the seafront, up closer to the Chateau, there's an amazing Asian restaurant with tepanaki tables.

To be honest, there's plenty to do in Nice if you're just there for the weekend, moreso if a day is hoovered up with the GP. If you do head out of Nice, don't bother with Cannes, it's vulgar! Go to Beaulieu, Eze or St. Paul de Vence.

Enjoy.

Final tip: Don't eat in Les Ponchettes, a terrace cafe opposite Les Trois Diables. Service is rude and appalling and I've been sick after having food there twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Theres not too many sites to see but its a great spot for relaxing. Was there this time last year. Was in a random cafe with my girlfriend and Adam Clayton walked in.:eek: Didnt have the guts to go up and chat. Just gave him a nod thinkin I was cool. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Was in a random cafe with my girlfriend and Adam Clayton walked in.

All the U2 lads have a place over in Villefranche - the posh area of Nice.

Nice is class, but if you are going to the beach wear sandals, as it takes ages to get accustomed to the stones that they have - took me 2months.

Waynes is good craic, a bit of a sweat box, think Cooper FaceJack's but replace the boggers with the beautiful people.

Ma Nolan's is an Irish bar, but their food is expensive, something like €11 fro breakfast - but its lovely. Waynes closes late, as does les 3diablos, but Ma nolan's closes at 11.30pm.

There's a late bar around the corner from Ma Nolan's think its the blue whale -opens after Wayne's closes and stays open till about 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Cheers

Land Early on the Thur morning so may have a look around the old town. Not a beach person but will go down for a look

May go to Cannes or St Tropez just to see what its like but then again may not have the time ?

May leave Waynes till the Friday as up early on the Sun to get to Monaco

Nice link mikedragon32 may have a look at some of the restaurants cheers

Any other tips recommendations welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cannes_Holidays

I've some links on my site and will place a decent street map of cannes there soon too. Site's still being setup but:

http://holidays.in.cannes.googlepages.com/apartment_location

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Spent 6 months there recently and didn't like it..
    Crime rate is high, burglaries & attacks common..
    My advise: Get out of Nice to one of the nicer
    villages along the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Cannes is crap, don't bother. The other towns posted here are much nicer. If you want some culture Museum of Modern Art is quite good, for scenery if you walk to the promenade and have the sea in front of you turn left and walk down to the headland. You can walk up or take a lift and there's some great views of the city and a nice little park to chill out and take in the sun. The beach is stony so it can be nicer up there.

Advertisement