Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland - the battle front between East and West?

Options
  • 16-05-2007 2:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Whats the craic with all these World leaders interfering in our election?

First it was Angela Merkel whom 'made clear she wanted regime change in Ireland' after meeting Enda Kenny.

Now Bertie is getting endorsements from Tony Blair, George Bush and the Clintons............watch out for a new FF campaign video tonight.........

I heard a bit of it on the radio and you would swear they were attending his funeral or something. sigh:rolleyes:

Anyway I do wonder do these endorsements have much if any impact?

Down with this sort of thing!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Merkal only backed Kenny because he's in her bloc in Europe. Chances are, they've never even spoken.

I really doubt that anyone cares what Clinton thinks anymore.
    Are you sure that George Bush backed Bertie? I didn't hear a thing about it.......and I doubt FF would want anyone to either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Merkal only backed Kenny because he's in her bloc in Europe. Chances are, they've never even spoken.

I really doubt that anyone cares what Clinton thinks anymore.
    Are you sure that George Bush backed Bertie? I didn't hear a thing about it.......and I doubt FF would want anyone to either.
    Yes I see your point. Maybe its George Mitchel im thinking of.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

darkman2 wrote:
    Yes I see your point. Maybe its George Mitchel im thinking of.:rolleyes:

Yes I heard it was George Mitchel.

Personally, I think it's pathetic that these outsiders would interfere in our democratic process. They must think we're not capable of making up our own minds.

Berties back must really be to the wall when he's resorting to these measures.

Also the Pat Rabette and the labour party must be annoyed that their colleagues in the UK see fit to back FF.

I didn't hear anything of Merkel backing Enda. Doubt anyone would be swayed by it anyway. Who would even have heard of her before now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

East and west? Surely Germany is part of the west??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Well the British Labout party is now closer to FF and PDs in policy than they are to Irish Labour party.

Could't see Bertie wanting a backing from Bubba, that would really be the kiss of death. Besides anyway he would get all the names ass ways.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RalphCifaretto

Fine Gael are essentially Christian Democrats, it's no different then the German greens expressing support for other European greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Fine Gael are essentially Christian Democrats, it's no different then the German greens expressing support for other European greens.
    Thats what I meant.

Advertisement