Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asterisk on the Premier Division - Longford deducted points.

• 16-05-2007 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

It didn't take long this season did it?

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2037
    The FAI Club Licensing Committee met yesterday (May 15, 2007) to review the current compliance status of clubs on whom sanctions were imposed by the Committee on April 16, 2007. The Committee had given these clubs a further extension, to May 1, 2007, to provide the required information previously due on March 31, 2007. Clubs were on notice that failure to comply by this date would result in fines being imposed.

With the exception of one club, all requested information was provided in time for the Licensing Committee meeting yesterday.

Longford Town FC, however, failed to provide the necessary information and as such they were non-compliant with the requirements of the FAI Club Licensing Manual.

Having already incurred a fine of €6,000, the Committee decided to impose a further sanction on Longford Town FC of a six point deduction in view of the club’s continued failure to adhere to licensing requirements.

The club has five business days to lodge an appeal.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

sigh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

if only they had the flexi-rules like in the premiership for non deduction of points. Longford finding it hard enough to get a few points this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Wow, only took 10 games in,:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Happens every season(although hopefully no more) , I fancy Longford to go down now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Is this in anyway an indicator of what will happen to the Hammers if FIFA step in now ? (as they have promised to do).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sizzler wrote:
    Is this in anyway an indicator of what will happen to the Hammers if FIFA step in now ? (as they have promised to do).

Yes it should happen , Blatter hates the PL for being the 1st to jump ship so he just mouthing. The court case would be more worrying for the PL.

Longford knew this was gonna happen fair enough punishment , rules are rules.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Big Ears wrote:
    Happens every season(although hopefully no more) , I fancy Longford to go down now .
    Longford were going down regardless of the points deduction. They really are one of the poorest sides in the league. In saying that though, Matthews is a decent coach and I reckon he'll get the Sligo job next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Pighead wrote:
    Longford were going down regardless of the points deduction. They really are one of the poorest sides in the league. In saying that though, Matthews is a decent coach and I reckon he'll get the Sligo job next year.

2 from the 4 of Longford , Bray , Waterford and Galway were going down with Longford the most likely to go . But now it seems certain(even at this early part of the season) they're gone . I reckon Waterford will be the ones to go into the playoff .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I really hope Longford sort themselves out. They would be best off playing in 1st Division now like Shels to get them sorted off the pitch before doing anything again on it but instead they're going to have another 23 matches of possibly getting hammered in the Premier Division. It was going to be a long season for them anyway but with a points deduction I think they can prepare for and accept relegation now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Gutted, about all I can say about the situation from a Longford fans perspective. We managed to get a few points on the board and now this. We were the only club not to hand over information intime. It has all but relegated us, I know we were gona struggle but this has finished it IMO. Must be so hard on the players and management to be undermined in such a manner by cowboy antics from the board.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We were the only club not to hand over information intime.

Is the info up to scratch?

Can ye beat it on appeal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

To be honest with you I have no idea. Going to try find out a few facts tonight at the Derry game.I am still raging that it was allowed to happen.

Tonight we will see who the loyal support is and I fear their wont be all that many of us.

Advertisement