Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good taught masters in investment/finance

• 16-05-2007 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I'm thinking of doing a (one year, hopeully!) Masters in Investments/Finance e.g. capital markets, fund management, investing, treasury etc. rather than the accounting or general business side of things. I've a BA in Economics and have been working for the past couple of years so think it's time to add a little to my human capital :)

I have only managed to find two possibles in Dublin - a part-time one in DCU and a full-time one in UCD. Does anyone have any feedback on these, or even better, other courses? Had a scout round the DIT and TCD sites and couldn't find one in this related area.

Hope this is in the right forum, as it spanned a couple of different courses I thought it was more suitable me posting here than multiple times in the different college forums :)

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

I have only managed to find two possibles in Dublin - a part-time one in DCU and a full-time one in UCD. Does anyone have any feedback on these, or even better, other courses? !

THere's a full time one in DCU aswell. have 2 mates who did this. Very good course. thnking of doing it myself.

Also, Ul has an interesting looking one.

And Maynooth has a Financial Negineering one which would be good but very specific I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

ixus wrote: »
    THere's a full time one in DCU aswell. have 2 mates who did this. Very good course. thnking of doing it myself.

Also, Ul has an interesting looking one.

And Maynooth has a Financial Negineering one which would be good but very specific I think.

FYI, in TCD we have just launched a new MSc in Finance, targeted at those who are interested in the CFA. More details are available at www.business.tcd.ie/finance, or contact me at blucey@tcd.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Seems very general.

What exactly are you trying to get out of the course? Do you want to know how the products work, are valued and so forth.

Do you want to move into that area so any qualification will do as long as it helps improve your chances?

capital markets, treasury and fund management deal with very different things.

Advertisement