Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free the FF 2 - funny

Options
  • 16-05-2007 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

I thought this was very funny in todays Indo

This competition could use a bit more comedy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I can't wait to see if Dick shows up in the tent at the Galway races this year.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Hey it got a few laughs for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

I like the bit about FF spindoctors taking the two out of circulation because they antagonise the voters :D:D:D

Maybe the PD's should take a leaf out of their book and hide McDowell ;)

Oh - hang on though, they can't - they elected him leader :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

In fairness, it's good to see a bit of wit and humour coming out in the campaign. Sometimes, all this election stuff can be taken a bit too seriously.

Having said that, I'm sure Roche and Cullen don't see the humour!!

All joking aside, what will that article do for them?

All politics is local, will it bring out the local support to see that they are being, in a way victimized by things that have more to do with their ministry then them personally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Why are these two ministers being kept out of the limelight at the moment?

Apparantly they antagonize voters, its all in the Article and there is more follow up today in the Indo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Why are these two ministers being kept out of the limelight at the moment?

Because both are hugely incompetent, money wasters, picked out of nowhere to become ministers (in Cullens case because Waterford didn't have a mininster).

All in all the worst of a poor enough bunch, showing them off to the people would remind why FF are disliked and maybe voters would start questioning Bertie for sticking with them when Enda is promising to fire useless ministers.

Also Mary Coughlan has been very quite in the election. FF afraid of leaking even more of the farming vote where her rating has plummeted?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'm amazed that Fine Gael have the sheer neck to say this, when they've just been sending Richard Bruton out again and again, doing their best to keep most of their front line quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I have to admit that I was absolutely laughing my head off when I saw the news about it. I also echo The_Minister's comments regarding the FG front bench. I've never seen anybody else in the FG front bench apart from Richard Bruton and Inda* Kenny.

*Not a typo.

• Advertisement

It just goes to show, the papers are the real power... papers are the new priesthood

What was the FF two's crime - hiding from the papers.

When Bertie avoided all newspaper contact earlier this year over the payments, then he gave the Americal style - tear in the eye - exlcusive to whats his name on TV (I dont remember his name because it was not a real interview anyway) afterwards. I knew it would come back to haunt him (Vincent at the Manifesto launch). In this country you have to make yourself available to reporters questions, thank God, because look what can happen when you can shield candidates, producing them only at scripted partisan media friendly functions, George Bush is what can happen.

Any other examples - look at McDowell, he really upset the papers when he stunted the property market with his opening salvo on the stamp duty (who funds the papers - the property supplement). Now he struggles to get any good press.

Advertisement