Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7 European Wrestlers signed to the WWE!

• 16-05-2007 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Drew Galloway, Sheamus O'Shaunessy & Stu Sanders off to the WWE - Scotland, Ireland & England. Anyone else see a gimmick coming?
    Yes thats right you heard this first here. Rumours have been flying around for a the last few days about a number of European wrestlers getting development deals with the WWE.

The rumoured wrestlers that have been offered the contracts are Thee Drew Galloway, Murat Bospherous, Stu Saunders, SOS, Chris Chaos, Taylor Phoenix & Hade Vansen.

Digging into this further we have been led to beleive that the WWE are looking into a few European options which include a WWE Europe, training and promotions arm of the company and also a European 'Tough Enough' Style competition.

We all here at Wrestle Zone UK, wish to congratulate the European guys and hope they have massive success on the world wide stage.

Keep checking out the UK's favourite Wrestling News and Information website www.wrestle-zone.co.uk for more updates on this.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

wow well done to them. maybe they could be called "EU". i would not be surprised if you see SOS & Finlay put together as a heel team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Woah, well done to all of them. I've only seen SOS, Galloway and maybe Vansen out of those, I hear Murat wrestled in NOAH, fair play to them. I don't know about any sort of gimmick, not for a while anyway. Whenever they sign up guys who are accomplished outside of WWE these days they still spend at least a year in developmental it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

irishhack wrote:
    The rumoured wrestlers that have been offered the contracts are Thee Drew Galloway, Murat Bospherous, Stu Saunders, SOS, Chris Chaos, Taylor Phoenix & Hade Vansen.

So its not confirmed yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I've never heard of wrestle-zone.co.uk before and the wording is a bit vague so I think I'll wait for an announcement on sosofficial.com or even the IWW site before getting too excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

wrestle-zone have been around a long long time. usually good info for uk/euro based guys in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭irishhack

From Wrestling 101 today...
    European wrestlers that have been offered developmental deals with the WWE are: Drew Galloway, Murat Bospherous, Stu Saunders, Sheamus O'Shaunessy, Chris Chaos, Taylor Phoenix and Hade Vansen.

No idea who Murat Bospherous is?

Highlight video of Murat Bosporus here. He'd remind you of a smaller Bam Bam Bigelow, he moves around pretty well. German lad (or maybe Turkish..I'm not sure if it's a gimmick or not), there's a clip of him wrestling in Japan for NOAH during an interview here

And a video I found of Vade Hansen vs Paul Burchill here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

A WWE europe in the same style as an NFL Europe would be brilliant. It'd be like our own OVW

Bubs101 wrote:
    A WWE europe in the same style as an NFL Europe would be brilliant. It'd be like our own OVW

But what difference would there really be to the way stuff is done now? All these guys who were signed wrestle around Europe anyway. If anything, I'd fear for smaller promotions and their fans if WWE set up a minor league shop here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

In fairness to Irish wrestling promotions, they don't exactly ooze quality and as a fan, I'd much prefer to see the next Punk and Kennedy square of then see SOS against Delicious Dan. If it means seeing a higher quality of wrestling, then I'd be all for it. And when was the last time a truly european wrestler made it big in the WWE? The smaller promotions aren't producing them

• Advertisement

But would the likes of SOS and "Delicious Dan" not be the very guys who'd be in a WWE Europe promotion?

EDIT: Keego Ward is the next European Kennedy!

Can someone explain this idea of "WWE Europe"?

Dont get me wrong, if the rumours are confirmed, well done to all of them - but, er most European fans of WWE expect to see established guys wrestling - like Undertaker, Flair, HHH, Cena, Edge, etc - why does WWE think that the general wrestling public would be interested in seeing these guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Possibly the same as Irish soccer syndrome - Kevin Doyle played for Cork City, was scoring goals all round him, never got international recogntion. he went to reading and 3 months later he was called into the full International squad. He was the same basic player, but because he is now playing in Skys Premiership, the bandwagon take note.

Same could be said of here. Once they are under the safe umbrella of WWE, ie if they are signed with WWE they must be good, therfore warrant my attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Ph3n0m wrote:
    So its not confirmed yet?

SOS is not confirmed, keep an eye on www.sosofficial.com for more news on SOS & the WWE.

News will be posted soon.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Can someone explain this idea of "WWE Europe"?

Dont get me wrong, if the rumours are confirmed, well done to all of them - but, er most European fans of WWE expect to see established guys wrestling - like Undertaker, Flair, HHH, Cena, Edge, etc - why does WWE think that the general wrestling public would be interested in seeing these guys?

And to further quanitfy this - every "new" guy in WWE usually gets the rub from an already established wrestler - MVP and his matches with Benoit spring to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Ph3n0m wrote:
    And to further quanitfy this - every "new" guy in WWE usually gets the rub from an already established wrestler - MVP and his matches with Benoit spring to mind.

That's how it works - You mentioned people want to see established stars like undertaker, HHH, flair, Cena, and Edge. How do you think they all got established? Everyone who goes into WWE and wants to become an established needs to get the rub from an already established star. Remember Cena getting the rub from Angle and Taker a few years ago? Its not as if guys like flair and undertaker are gonna be around much longer, so WWE need to plan ahead for the future.

Maybe, they're looking to integrate some British-style wrestling into the company and feel European guys who've wrestled in Britain might be better suited for that style. Who knows what they're motivation for signing these guys is, it all remains to be seen.

I suppose what I am wondering is - how are the WWE going to make us care about these wrestlers when they have an already over abundance of talent?

I just feel that while the European fan base is a tad more rabid then the American market - the Europeans still want to see people/brands that they know and recognise.

And unless WWE come out and explain how this "WWE Europe" is going to work I just dont see, for example, Murat Bospherous vs Chris Chaos being any kind of draw across the board.

I see this doomed to fail like XFL - unless WWE encourage some of their existing talent to move overseas to help establish this idea - otherwise it would be just like another "local" promotion (IMO) - and as we know there are already feds in most countries (although non wth the financial backing of WWE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ph3n0m wrote:

I just feel that while the European fan base is a tad more rabid then the American market - the Europeans still want to see people/brands that they know and recognise.

But is this only true becasue the European audiences dont get as much live shows as the States/Canada?

Im sure if WWE were running shows in a weekly/monthly basis between England, Italy and Germany, the audiences would become alot more quiet.

gimmick wrote:
    But is this only true becasue the European audiences dont get as much live shows as the States/Canada?

Im sure if WWE were running shows in a weekly/monthly basis between England, Italy and Germany, the audiences would become alot more quiet.

I would say yes - there is nothing quite like a live WWE event - the sheer atmosphere alone is well worth it - even if the potential card is ****ty ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Seamus O Shaughnessy is the best one theyve signed so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Wooo. Great news. I hope things go really well for SOS. Hope he gets a break with them and a good run with Finley would be cool. :D:D

Advertisement