Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 small queries about computers.

Options
  • 16-05-2007 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

ok, as i have already said i am planning on building a computer once i get a job a few months down the line.....for that reason i have been trawling the forum religiously to pick up technical words i can use to impress people. :cool:

on to the questions.

at the risk of sounding like an idiot,

1. how do i find more specific info about a computer?i would love to find out more about the hardware of the computer i am sitting at now beyond what i says in the system properties....or am i just missing the obvious?

dell dimension dxp051
    pentium d cpu2.89
    1.00gb ram

where does it go into more detail than that?

2. having seen all the threads advising people to get a "E6784545bg processor instead of the E677734ap" and "the other ram because it does 12 pico-flops to the kilo-quark......"

how important is it that you get the balance right between the various components? i mean can you have all the bits in your computer waiting on one lazy component with all their potential going to waste because you bought x50633 ram instead of QQX6973B ram or something?

Comments

Advertisement