Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sabu's legacy?

• 16-05-2007 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Sabu's legacy: what is it?

He's a weird case in that I think a lot depends on when you first saw him. I think further down the track people will view him alot more positively than they do now.

Sabu: 13 votes

legend
    0% 0 votes
    trash wrestler
    46% 6 votes
    cult favourite
    53% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Up until around a year ago he was a cult favourite but I hope his botchtastic stint in WWE doesn't detract from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I would say cult favourite. Certainly, in terms of what he did in ECW he would be a legend, but in a lot of ways they just had a cult following themselves when they were around. Calling him a trash wrestler would be a little unfair I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I always found Sabu a bit hit and miss. I've been watching him since before the original ECW closed. Sometimes he hits amazing moves but I'm never surprised when he botches them too, especially during his last WWE run. I just don't think his heart was in it in WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ill go for cult favourite as well. His stuff in ECW was quite innovative at the time, and he was involved in some great fueds and matches. His most notable fued was with Taz which culminated at Barely Legal, and for me, his bets match was with Rob Van Dam Vs The Eliminators at November To Remember 97 (?).

His WWE stint has been a complete disaster, aand like above, I hope thats not what he will be remembered for. I doubt he will though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Sabu should never have wrestled for WWE full time at all. He ONS matches were grand but almost everything afterwards was dire. I'd say the sooner people forget about his WWE days, the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i did not vote here cause i only ( i think) have heard of him in the past year or two, I never watched ecw years ago.

But i think the main point is that he should never have joined 'the vince ecw new brand ecw' ---why in god's name would an old man want to act like a 20/30 something year old wrestler. He ruined himself. In fact anyone , like me, that never saw him when he was making hay in his early years would vote thrash wrestler, but fozzy said that would be unfair, so i did not vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Cult favourate definitely. I wouldn't consider a legend cos quite frankly, he hasn't done anything noteworthy, save for accidently putting Benoit over when he got injured! His brief stint in WCW in 95 went nowhere, mainly because he kept going against the scripts and his short term contract wasn't renewed. And even then, WCW wasn't exactly into the whole ultraviolent style at the time.

The guy is an insane bumping machine, but thats about it really. But he's had a lot of fun feuds over the years so to call him a "trash wrestler" as Vince 135792003 elequently puts it, would be somewhat unfair.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I know he rarely talked but it kinda took away from his aura a bit when he had a mic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Trash Wrestler....got lucky......and his luck ran out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I went for the cult favorite because, he had a following in ECW, but he couldn't wrestle a damn. I liked his match with Big Show at Summerslam, but only because it was hardcore or extreme rules, other than that he was crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I would say Trash Wrestler. He was good at what he did. But, limited as a wrestler.

Never a fan of (oldschool) ECW.

Advertisement