Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Facelift Corolla Verso on the way

Options
  • 16-05-2007 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭

Corolla Verso to get a few changes in July, limited to new bumpers, tail lights, different rear number plate surround, and a few minor interior trim changes.

Here's the old one if you're struggling to see the difference!
    TOYOTA%20VERSOpx300.jpg
    04-verso-r3q-close.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I must give credit to Toyota for being absolutely useless at facelifts. Ie. the avensis and others... And now this...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Protects the values of the pre-facelift models, to be fair, it didn't date much since 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

very little differences to be honest and I think only a few anoraks will actually notice the difference

colm_mcm wrote:
    Protects the values of the pre-facelift models, to be fair, it didn't date much since 2004.
    They didn't sell much either haha:D

a few changes inside too, better finish etc. Sales weren't suffering so they didn't need to be too drastic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

More space age innovation by the good old boys at Toyota :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Why bother?

The "facelifted" Avensis is being trumpeted on radio adverts at the minute, and from the way they put it, you'd swear it was light years ahead.

Still, they'll sell in their droves, even if they looked like Austin Maxis, so one wonders what the point is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Glanza V

its got lexus light!!! that says it for me, no way.

Toyota own Lexus.......

...and presumably the poster there owns a Glanza :D

• Advertisement

...and therefore an authority on good taste....

Yup.

He's right about the Lexus lights though, but that's hardly Toyota's fault. The whole concept has been ruined by a million slick-fringed scangers and their non-amber indicator/brake lights for a long time now...

Lexus lights do some cars wonders, mainly cars that have rotten rear lights, but still. I have seen them on a 5 series, it was a disgrace to man kind.

The ones on the Verso are different to 'Lexus' Lights though. they're pretty subtle. The cheap-ass ones you tend to see are generally very shiny and don't fit in with the lines of the car

the ones on the facelifted Verso aren't fantastic loking from those pictures, I heard the lenses within are now rectangular instead of round, will have to wait to see it in the flesh to know properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭maidhc

They didn't sell much either haha:D

I see a lot of them about. I like them, although not exactly what i want to be driving for a good while yet!

Much nicer looking than the C-Max or the Zafira.

Even though i hate Ford i would still pic the C-max over the verso. IMO the c-max is alot nicer. But i will hopefully never have to drive one...

...and presumably the poster there owns a Glanza :D

Yes i do. I also own a VW Passat and BMW 530d. The Glanza has a 1.3 litre engine and is pushing out 222 bhp at the fly. this estimates to roughly 200bhp at the wheels. And if you somehow think i am a scumbag. I am a biomedical engineer in a reputabal company. Please take your petty comments elsewhere, thanks.

Nice job on all three cars;) 530D made me change my mind about diesels. What year is ur own

You don't have to justify yourself to me, whether your car has 22 or 220bhp is irrelevant.

I posted here in the past about how I liked the concept of a Glanza, but would never own one, because of the image they have. A little like "Lexus" lights in fact. If you want to drive one, fair dues, a great little car.

One thing I wouldn't do is generalise somebody on the basis of what they drive, to do so would be foolish, no? So, if you can read any petty comment directed at you in what I've posted, take it off thread and I'll happily discuss it further.

Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭maidhc

I posted here in the past about how I liked the concept of a Glanza, but would never own one, because of the image they have.)

I agree. I'd never own a BMW 3 series for the same reason... choice car for the idiot auctioneer.

• Advertisement

LOL

If things keep going the way they're looking, they may have to down"size" to Avensii(?), or even worse, a 1 series!

I still own an E30 by the way...:eek:

Nice job on all three cars;) 530D made me change my mind about diesels. What year is ur own

its a 2001. lovely car to drive. tax is a nightmare but thats the cost of owning a beutiful car!!!
    Also i was very surprised about how it was on diesel. I thought since it was a 3 litre it would drink it but it is surprisingly good!!

You don't have to justify yourself to me, whether your car has 22 or 220bhp is irrelevant.

I posted here in the past about how I liked the concept of a Glanza, but would never own one, because of the image they have. A little like "Lexus" lights in fact. If you want to drive one, fair dues, a great little car.

One thing I wouldn't do is generalise somebody on the basis of what they drive, to do so would be foolish, no? So, if you can read any petty comment directed at you in what I've posted, take it off thread and I'll happily discuss it further.

Cheers. :)

lets leave it at that so. I hate stereo types. i am here for motors and to discuss them and not to slate others or be slated.

maidhc wrote:
    I agree. I'd never own a BMW 3 series for the same reason... choice car for the idiot auctioneer.

Funnily my neighbour, who is an auctioneer, is driving a 3 series Bmw... And with that, unless it has an M-pack i would totally agree!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

colm_mcm wrote:
    Toyota own Lexus.......
    and your point being?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Glanza V wrote:
    The Glanza has a 1.3 litre engine and is pushing out 222 bhp at the fly. this estimates to roughly 200bhp at the wheels. And if you somehow think i am a scumbag. I am a biomedical engineer in a reputabal company. Please take your petty comments elsewhere, thanks.

222bhp? Must be a fair amount of boost in there :)
    I don't think you are a scumbag either, but I fail to see the attraction of the glanzas. I know they have a decent power to weight ratio, but I personally don't like the look of them, in my humble opinion they have fairly typical toyota looks, pretty bland. I've just never heard anyone explain why a glanza over an integra ( for example ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

All Glanza drivers are scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

testicle wrote:
    All Glanza drivers are scumbags.

Anymore trolling from you and you're banned.

Now back on topic please folks

Redirecting back to the origional topic of facelifts...
    This year Hyundai Coupe in my ipinion ruined sales for the coupe, The 2005 model onwards was the nicest model and should of stayed like it... I've seen three of the new model Coupe

• Advertisement

Glanza V wrote:
    its got lexus light!!! that says it for me, no way.
    colm_mcm wrote:
    Toyota own Lexus
    what_car wrote:
    and your point being?

If any car can have "Lexus" lights and be able to get away with it it's a Toyota.

Advertisement