Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need receipt for a xbox360 purchased in Game

• 16-05-2007 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Can anyone help,

My Xbox 360 went bust the other day!!!!!:(

Problem is Game in Liffey Valley said they will only replace my 360 if the receipt of the 360 was purchased within the year ie between May 06 - May 07.

Problem is i ain't got my receipt.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me a receipt to use.
    Don't worry.... when they replace my 360 they give you a new receipt to cover you for another year, so you can have that back and you will be covered for another year.

Would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thanks alot

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

First of all with a replacement machine there is no new guarantee. good luck getting one off someone. I'm guessing your console is out of guarantee not that you've lost your receipt? Cos if you lost the receipt but bought it with a loyalty card that'll do just as good.

BTW any GAME receipt will do. I'd give ya mine but I don't have it, it's on my reward card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Did you pay by laser, credit card or maybe cheque?
    If so, you can use your bank statement.

If you used cash, this won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Slurms.

1. I paid by cash
    2. I don't have a loyalty card, never have
    3. Yes it is out of Gaurentee by 3 months!!Just pissed off that i'm gonna have to buy a new 360 when this one is on 15 months old!!! Feel like i'm being done
    4. According to Game they do give new gaurantee, of course they would have to its a new machine.

When you purchase your 360 your receipt only covers you for 1 year.
    So i need a receipt within the last year.

If you know anyone can you ask them if they would give me a reciept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Wasnt there a thread a few weeks ago about the guarentee being increased to two years if you go directly to microsoft?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep pretty sure that was said - I'd ring Microsoft direct and see what they say

• Advertisement

Thanks lads for all your in put

Yeah i'm gonna ring them tomorrow.

Do i ring Microsoft Ireland on 1850940940?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

Slurms.

1. I paid by cash
    2. I don't have a loyalty card, never have
    3. Yes it is out of Gaurentee by 3 months!!Just pissed off that i'm gonna have to buy a new 360 when this one is on 15 months old!!! Feel like i'm being done
    4. According to Game they do give new gaurantee, of course they would have to its a new machine.

When you purchase your 360 your receipt only covers you for 1 year.
    So i need a receipt within the last year.

If you know anyone can you ask them if they would give me a reciept

I'm nearly sure that the waranty is two years under irish law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

I'm nearly sure that the waranty is two years under irish law

yeah, i think it is for all electronic items

:) Yes lads

Was just on to Microsoft today. Turns out that my Xbox360 is covered for 2 years.

UPS are collecting it tomorrow.

Will have it back within 2 weeks...........it will be like a brand new machine!!

Happy days
    Thanks to everyone who replied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

:) Yes lads

Was just on to Microsoft today. Turns out that my Xbox360 is covered for 2 years.

UPS are collecting it tomorrow.

Will have it back within 2 weeks...........it will be like a brand new machine!!

Happy days
    Thanks to everyone who replied

This kind of annoys me, I sent off and had to pay €120 to get my xbox fixed!! They were having none of my 2 year warrenty claim. I'm not annoyed at you like its just the fact that they seem to randomly give it to some people... in fact I've heard of people getting refunds after they've paid because of this.. any chance you could PM me your reference number for your last call just so I could ring and ask why you got it and I didn't? Unless you paid for 2 years cover?

• Advertisement

Julez

I'll PM it to you when i've gotten my 360 back.

If they have made a mistake with mine, i won't to have it back before they realise!!!

Rob

Julez

I'll PM it to you when i've gotten my 360 back.

If they have made a mistake with mine, i won't to have it back before they realise!!!

Rob

Thats fair enough!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 consolemaster

I was talkin to a guy the other day who had he's 360 returned from microsoft from repair,He waited 2 weeks for it to be returned and it only lasted 15 minutes before three red lights came back.:mad:

Yeah, sometimes you get a refurb sometimes you seem to get a brand new one like in my case, haven't a clue how it works... while we're here you get yours back yet rob?
    EDIT: Feck, just noticed he's been banned!! There goes my refund!

Advertisement