Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Modification?

Options
  • 16-05-2007 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I've recently bought a civic type r,00 model,and am thinking of doing a few mods to it.Looking at an induction kit,but which one is best.Also a v-tec controller, anyone with any experience on the latter.Any other suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

sup man
    sweet car
    if you want some serious honda help get your self over to www.jdmuniverse.com, most guys on there would be tottally against the vtec controller on a standard Type R. there is alot of help on there, look me up if you decide to stay, we need more irish guys (and girls) on there

ps
    where did you get it? did you import yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Dont go near a vtec controller,there useless.

Your vtec is set where it is to obtain the best power,ive only ever seen it adjusted by 2/300rpm even on highly modded hondas,your money is better off being saved towards an ecu or even an apexi vafc neo.

Is there any mods done to the car already?

DONT go sticking a big dirty huge cone filter on there,you'll loose power for sure.Run a cold air feed to the airbox and look at a spoon,thrust,hks panel replacement filter for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Would agree with the sentiments expressed regarding the VTEC controller, they're not worth a crap. One of my Hondas came with a Spoon VTEC controller, which I eventually set to engage VTEC around the normal place it comes in anyway and left it there. These Spoon ones go for a fortune on Ebay to idiots.

I've got an Apexi VAFC in the other Honda, even then it only slightly changes the VTEC point, but at least you can change the fuelling and so on to allow for the change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 3 Bags Full

So I'l stay away from the v-tec controller...
    Bought from trade sales ireland near balbriggan.I'd been looking at a few for a while then,he got this one,absolutly immac,recaro's in great condition which was one of the biggest put offs with the rest.No mods currently then done,.

I'm looking for some more power from the low-mid range area?Fantastic fun after 6000rpm!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 3 Bags Full

blastman wrote:
    Would agree with the sentiments expressed regarding the VTEC controller, they're not worth a crap. One of my Hondas came with a Spoon VTEC controller, which I eventually set to engage VTEC around the normal place it comes in anyway and left it there. These Spoon ones go for a fortune on Ebay to idiots.

I've got an Apexi VAFC in the other Honda, even then it only slightly changes the VTEC point, but at least you can change the fuelling and so on to allow for the change.
    Just looked at the apexi VAFC,it says you can changes the vtec to come in between 3000-7000 in 100rpm intervals?Do you lose power as you go up or down with the change.I'd ideally like for it to come in it 5000rpm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

The thing with a vafc is the air fuel ratio is adjusted too unlike the vtec controller that just changes the engagement point,look for the newer model the NEO.

Is there any mod's done to it yet?You could look at 421 manifold for low grunt but generally hondas just dont have much steam down low

Advertisement