Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champs League Final

Options
  • 16-05-2007 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Odds to Score in 90 Mins

Some good value knocking around :D

Kaka appears to be THE bet @ 11/4
    Pirlo is 5/1

Gerrard is 7/2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Considering Kaka's scoring so far in the CL it seems like value.

Might get on it to make the match a bit interesting (spot the bitter Arsenal fan;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭liamdubh

Pity Betfair don't offer First Goalscorer odds anymore, after the Moneysavers debacle. I would have laid the strikers on both sides....will probably be a set-piece that the first goal comes from so it could be anybody. Can't do that anymore sadly.

AC Milan now 1.74 on Betfair. I'd put my life on that coming out past 1.8 before kick-off. Have laid it big so I hope so anyway. People over-reacted to Milan's performance in the last game against United. United were as bad as I've ever seen them in the 2nd leg, they had absolutely no fight, and without Gattuso Milan fell apart in the 1st leg. They don't come any shrewder than Benitez tactically and he will have learned a lot from Milan's games against United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AnStrathBan

If you are looking for value then go to the official Liverpool site and you will see a link to get on Riise at 14/1 to score any time, has to be worth a punt at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

If you are looking for value then go to the official Liverpool site and you will see a link to get on Riise at 14/1 to score any time, has to be worth a punt at that price!

Thats great value....PP have him @ 7/1....Anything over 10 would represent value IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

liamdubh wrote:
    AC Milan now 1.74 on Betfair. I'd put my life on that coming out past 1.8 before kick-off. Have laid it big so I hope so anyway. People over-reacted to Milan's performance in the last game against United. United were as bad as I've ever seen them in the 2nd leg, they had absolutely no fight, and without Gattuso Milan fell apart in the 1st leg. They don't come any shrewder than Benitez tactically and he will have learned a lot from Milan's games against United.

I wouldnt be so sure, they have been shortening every since the semi's. After they beat United they were 1.82 or so, and have been shortening since then. I think they price will stay this way, and only change due to injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

As long as Gattuso stays fit Milan should have little problem. There midfield is flawless, they have the best passer, defensive midfielder and flair midfielder on the pitch at once

Bubs101 wrote:
    As long as Gattuso stays fit Milan should have little problem. There midfield is flawless, they have the best passer, defensive midfielder and flair midfielder on the pitch at once

I can't see Liverpool being bullied by Gattuso like United were. People are ordaining Milan champions already which I think is silly. I know it's been 2 years but people surely haven't forgotten about it already? Liverpool were talked down and written off at every stage, even by their captain (at one point). Even this year, at 1-1 Liverpool were 6/1 to beat Barcelona in the first leg in running, this while they were clearly on top in the game too. Can't understand why they're constantly being written off. It will be a very tight, hard-fought game, as you'd expect....can't see it being "little problem" for either side. And I'll say again that Manchester United were appallingly bad, they gave up 5 goals in 2 legs, 4 of them the result of clownish mistakes. The space & time Milan were given and the numbers they had going forward was ridiculous. It was like a rugby game at times. Look at the hard work Milan made of Celtic and Bayern who were both poor in my opinion. Liverpool have knocked out Chelsea and Barcelona. I'd have AC Milan favourites but there isn't a big gap between the teams.

(I'm not a Liverpool fan btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I put one big bet on toward the end of every year.
    I think I might be on a good one with this!
    Got this before the Barca game btw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

whiskeyman wrote:

Mine were Espanyol to win UEFA @12-1 €50
    Real to win la Liga @20-1 €100
    Both pre xmas

hope you do better

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

whiskeyman wrote:

Wish I'd stuck more than 40e on, but hey...

40e @25/1 (pre barca)

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote:

Tempted to lay it off now?

zuutroy wrote:
    Tempted to lay it off now?

He could guarantee about 1000e

I say

let_it_ride.jpg

40 @ 26s could guarantee 400 or so now.

liamdubh wrote:
    40 @ 26s could guarantee 400 or so now.

but I have the faith.

LET IT RIDE!!!!!

I hope you're rewarded for it. I didn't back Liverpool because I thought this was Chelsea's year but I'm going to back them in the final. Personally, I'd guarantee a few euro (guaranteeing 100 euro isn't going to eat into it that much).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

got milan at 10/3 the day before the 2nd united match:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I've a decent bet on Milan at 5.6, it's covering my losses from having Valencia and Roma earlier in the competition. Not going to bother laying off (well, unless they go 1.01 at HT like last time :) ).

AC Milan now 1.67 on Betfair :(.

Liverpool 2.46. That's an outrageous price in my book.

liamdubh wrote:
    AC Milan now 1.67 on Betfair :(.

Liverpool 2.46. That's an outrageous price in my book.

Better hope Liverpool score first or are at least all over them to get yourself green :)

I won't be going near it in-play or otherwise. Markets on matches like this are all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yeah, there's really nothing jumping out at me at the moment, apart from the temptation to lay off Milan, Liverpool are just so hard to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

gone for the draw myself

zuutroy wrote:
    Better hope Liverpool score first or are at least all over them to get yourself green :)

I won't be going near it in-play or otherwise. Markets on matches like this are all over the place.

Has come back out to 1.72 and I laid Milan again at 1.68 so I should be alright. I'm going to leave a bit on Liverpool and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

guys got 20 euros on liverpool to win at 66 - 1 before christmas.! nice . if it comes in.

guys got 20 euros on liverpool to win at 66 - 1 before christmas.! nice . if it comes in.

Lay it off you nutter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

zuutroy wrote:
    Lay it off you nutter!

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

you do realise he may not have a clue what you mean ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

county wrote:
    gone for the draw myself
    Same here, its too tight to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

DonJose wrote:
    Same here, its too tight to call.
    Crapola, just recuperated my losses on Ireland drawing ;)

The liquidity on the final was AMAZING!....If only every game was like that. Tens of thousand available at every price on every market right through the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

zuutroy wrote:
    The liquidity on the final was AMAZING!....If only every game was like that. Tens of thousand available at every price on every market right through the game

In fairness it was the only game on in the world last night, and everyone could see it. I don't mind certain lack of liquidity, as it means value can be had

Advertisement